Let the count down to 4.3 update begin...

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I would have liked to see a week, but, clearly that's not happening. And if they're working on bug fixes, I'm ok with that. Rather see a solid build than a quick one.

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
The latest 4.3 leak for the GS4 GPe is JWR66V, the same build that was released for the Nexus devices (except the new Nexus 7). I did the Google Services Framework trick on my Nexus 10 last Sunday and pulled the update on the 3rd attempt. It's possible that the update is very close to being pushed out. To add a bit of fuel to the conspiracy theory fire, it's also possible that the update is ready to go, but Google is intentionally withholding it, in order to stick to the Nexus philosophy and roll it out to those devices first.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
There are bugs in the JWR66V S4 GPE leak. I'm HOPING against hope they haven't released it to do a new build that fixes the bugs. Things like TiBU and HBO Go not working. Sim unlock is broken. Samsung also forced everyone to take down the JWR66V leaks, so, maybe they're just trying to protect people from a bad release. I'm trying really hard to spin that in a positive light. :)

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Glass half full, huh? ;)

Although it would be nice to get the update within the next couple of days, I'm realistically not expecting a rollout announcement for at least another week. If we don't get anything by the last week of August (about 4 weeks from the start of the Nexus rollout), then we can start getting concerned.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been accused of being negative in the past. :D I'm trying to think positive here. I'd love to see even a leak of a new build at this point.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
There are bugs in the JWR66V S4 GPE leak. I'm HOPING against hope they haven't released it to do a new build that fixes the bugs. Things like TiBU and HBO Go not working. Sim unlock is broken. Samsung also forced everyone to take down the JWR66V leaks, so, maybe they're just trying to protect people from a bad release. I'm trying really hard to spin that in a positive light. :)

That's interesting. I wondered what happened to all the leaks. I was able to download the latest one and flashed it through Odin before the leaks disappeared. It runs really well with no lag so far. It was weird because I found the leak buried within a thread on XDA and now I can't find it anywhere.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
That's interesting. I wondered what happened to all the leaks. I was able to download the latest one and flashed it through Odin before the leaks disappeared. It runs really well with no lag so far. It was weird because I found the leak buried within a thread on XDA and now I can't find it anywhere.

They were all pulled before I knew an ODIN image was out there. :( So now I wait. But yea, Samsung forced everyone to pull it down. I hope they get an official build out soon.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yea a friend just sent me that a little while ago. Um, hey Samsung?! Go ahead and take an extra week or two. It's all good. ;) :D

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Yea a friend just sent me that a little while ago. Um, hey Samsung?! Go ahead and take an extra week or two. It's all good. ;) :D

lmao yea sounds like a royal pita for nexus4

even after it rolls out for the s4 i think i'll wait for the all clear from you brave souls before i go for it on my phone lol

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
lmao yea sounds like a royal pita for nexus4

even after it rolls out for the s4 i think i'll wait for the all clear from you brave souls before i go for it on my phone lol

Who said I'm going to be the brave one? LMAO! I'm VERY happy with the S4 GPE at this point on 4.2.2. I've yet to put 4.3 on any device I own so honestly, it's not a big deal. Especially given the issues with it so far. Root being another problem. I may start checking out some custom roms soon though.

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Who said I'm going to be the brave one? LMAO! I'm VERY happy with the S4 GPE at this point on 4.2.2. I've yet to put 4.3 on any device I own so honestly, it's not a big deal. Especially given the issues with it so far. Root being another problem. I may start checking out some custom roms soon though.

lmao fair enough. i'm happy too. I got my nexus 7 2013 with 4.3 - seems stable etc., but exactly the same lol. i'm excited for the trim but that's it and i'd rather have allll the bugs worked out to 4.3.1, 2, 3 whatever it takes lol

Sasazuka

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Despite all the interesting changes, I've read there are specific issues with apps. Is there any reason to not upgrade immediately when you can?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I usually defer to brave souls! I will usually wait until it hits my phone versus trying to force it with the google framework trick...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol