Let the count down to 4.3 update begin...

fulleraj

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I thought what the hell, so tried the old framework trick.....no luck in Kansas City.

Sent from my GS4 Google Edition using Tapatalk.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm downloading it now but unfortunately I don't have stock recovery so I don't think it'll install. I'm not sure how to fix this issue, either, so it may be a bit before I'm able to install it. But it's downloading. And guys, I'm impressed. 9 days after Nexus devices? I can certainly live with that! Not quite the week I was originally saying, but, close enough.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Can take many tries on the clearing Google services framework. I will wait but I think it can take up to 10 times...

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
All I did was check for updates and it was available. It's now all installed. I had to do some nasty tricks to get stock recovery back. Lesson learned on that one believe you me. :D I'm quite sure I've lost root and didn't bother backing it up like a moron. No matter. I'll figure something out.

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
All I did was check for updates and it was available. It's now all installed. I had to do some nasty tricks to get stock recovery back. Lesson learned on that one believe you me. :D I'm quite sure I've lost root and didn't bother backing it up like a moron. No matter. I'll figure something out.

Same here. A week after Nexus is awesome in my book!

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I agree. Well done Samsung and Google. So very glad I got this phone!

Etched in blood by a katana

I was a little reluctant to get it but took a chance anyway. Even after I got my GPE GS4 I was a little weary as to when the 4.3 update would come. If this is how the updates are going to be handled on Google Play devices then I'm totally sold. Good job Google and Samsung! I'm so happy to own the best stock Android device! :)

Sasazuka

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
If I have rooted but didn't install custom ROM, what should I do to keep the phone rooted? Or is the method I use to root also applicable once I update to 4.3?

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
If I have rooted but didn't install custom ROM, what should I do to keep the phone rooted? Or is the method I use to root also applicable once I update to 4.3?

I'm not certain about the gs4 but with the ONE I had to flash the new super user for 4.3.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Here's the thing. If you installed custom recovery (twrp cwm etc) the ota update won't install. You have to restore stock recovery and that is a fairly daunting task. Even I was a little nervous as if you do it wrong you can actually brick the phone. Chain fire says that moving to 4.3 means that you have to install root clean... Iow voodoo may not work to protect it. So once on 4.3 you'll need to install custom recovery again and flash the latest su zip from chainfire. I haven't done that yet. I was hoping to extract stock recovery from 4.3 but I need root so it's a catch 22. Weighing my options on how to do that.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Google_Superuser

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm still waiting for my 4.3 update. Last time I did the force update trick with my Nexus 4 it killed my gps in google maps and I had to wipe.

I have a Nexus 4,7,10 and the S4 GE and I always get updates very late.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm still waiting for my 4.3 update. Last time I did the force update trick with my Nexus 4 it killed my gps in google maps and I had to wipe.

I have a Nexus 4,7,10 and the S4 GE and I always get updates very late.

If it borks your maps you can clear the data and cache for the maps app and it should reset.

Sent from my GT-I9505G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz