03-03-2014 04:25 PM
35 12
tools
    I just use Google Plus. It let's you do photos and videos and is automatic. Flickr was glitchy for me hope they fixed it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    So you just use it for pictures. If I sign up will people that I know on Google + know. Not really interested in the social aspects of the site.
    08-06-2013 07:50 PM
    So you just use it for pictures. If I sign up will people that I know on Google + know. Not really interested in the social aspects of the site.
    You have the choice to share after a picture is uploaded. Google+ works great all you do is set it and forget it. To this date I haven't shared not one picture because I only use Google+ to back up my pictures.
    08-06-2013 10:31 PM
    You have the choice to share after a picture is uploaded. Google+ works great all you do is set it and forget it. To this date I haven't shared not one picture because I only use Google+ to back up my pictures.
    Thanks I jumped on Google + and it seemed too busy for my taste. I cleaned out my dropox in case I want to go that route. I have been writing back and forth for a few app developers for cameras and quickpic and many do not have this device to test it to fix their apps. I am starting to wonder if having the only vanilla android device with a external SD card is a liability when it comes to app support...

I called google and they said I could initiate a return of my GPe by Friday (15 days since receiving it)...I love this device but one big reason I got it was because of SD card support...
    08-06-2013 10:42 PM
    Thanks I jumped on Google + and it seemed too busy for my taste. I cleaned out my dropox in case I want to go that route. I have been writing back and forth for a few app developers for cameras and quickpic and many do not have this device to test it to fix their apps. I am starting to wonder if having the only vanilla android device with a external SD card is a liability when it comes to app support...

I called google and they said I could initiate a return of my GPe by Friday (15 days since receiving it)...I love this device but one big reason I got it was because of SD card support...
    I'm coming from an iPhone 5 and Nexus 4 and could care less about external storage. Something as simple as saving pictures to a cloud service is really a no brainer. When you don't have the option for a removable battery and SD card you learn to not only live with these to features but not really care about them. I have yet to put an SD card in my device because the only thing I really need to save are pictures and Google made a good way to do it through Google+.I don't root and install custom ROM's anymore so that further eliminates the need for me to want external storage. I'll pick cloud storage over external storage any day because I have had SD cards that have crapped out and have lost my pictures, happened to me many times on my Nexus ONE. Also, If I need to save back up files from a launcher or an app like lightflow I use Google Drive. I can see why Google has moved away from external storage and now I understand why.
    08-06-2013 10:56 PM
    With only 16GB I want external storage. I made that a requirement for myself after I had a Nexus 4. I almost went with the HTC One GPe to get 32 GB until I saw it did not have Google Wallet. I guess it is always something.

The cloud, while easy, is slow. Just pulling up picture to view is slow. I backup my SD card every month so I have been lucky and not lost anything. Hopefully the camera app developers can fix this issue.

For now I will just take pictures and batch move them over to my SD card once I get a bunch in the camera folder. ES file explorer can still write and delete from the SD card.

Sent from my GT-I9505G
    08-07-2013 07:15 AM
    I am mostly interested in a good camera replacement that supports storage images on the microSD card. I know GPe 4.3 doesn't in the stock camera, I read the JB+ app does, any others?
    08-07-2013 06:28 PM
    I am mostly interested in a good camera replacement that supports storage images on the microSD card. I know GPe 4.3 doesn't in the stock camera, I read the JB+ app does, any others?
    Procapture and Snap Camera HDR do also.
    08-07-2013 06:33 PM
    as long as you don't update to 4.3 right?
    08-08-2013 04:32 PM
    as long as you don't update to 4.3 right?
    Right. No fixes yet.

Sent from my GT-I9505G
    08-08-2013 04:49 PM
    03-03-2014 04:25 PM
35 12