which replacement camera app are you using

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
4.3 borked saving pictures to my SD card with procapture or Astro File manager. I have tired multiple cards and keep getting an error when I try to save pictures to the SD card with procapture or move and or copy/paste with Astro. The issue is writing to the SD card on 4.3

I also tried camera zoom FX and got an error and bought and tried JB+ and it did not work either nd I got a refund. I will email them to let them know.

Just wanted everyone to know or has anyone figured out how to do it?

oh no?? can anyone else confirm this issue with 4.3? if it's true (not saying it isn't, just to double check), 4.3 is out for me until this changes. I don't see why/how they could do this - their non-sd google phones aren't the only phones that will eventually be getting 4.3.. think about all the other smartphones, non-google edition/nexus devices that regularly/actively use their sd cards...

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I can't write files to the SD card or erase files from the card using Root Explorer (I'm not rooted but I've used it as a file manager for years) with 4.3. I keep getting error messages about the card being full (it's not).

However, I tried ES File Explorer and was successfully able to read and write files to the SD card.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I can't write files to the SD card or erase files from the card using Root Explorer (I'm not rooted but I've used it as a file manager for years) with 4.3. I keep getting error messages about the card being full (it's not).

However, I tried ES File Explorer and was successfully able to read and write files to the SD card.

Yes, I used astro for years and it did not work but also tried ES file explorer and it works fine to move pictures and videos to SD card.

I emailed procapture and jb+ to let them know. Jb+ camera wrote me back and said he will check on it. We should all email the ones we use to let them know this issue with the camera apps.

I hate it when updates break a feature we like and need!

Sent from my GT-I9505G

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone use flickr to auto upload pics. I heard they are giving 1TB of storage. Yes 1 TB! I used dropbox with my Nexus 4 but do not have enough space with them. How about google +? I heard you can use it just for pictures? Anyone have experience with either?

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Anyone use flickr to auto upload pics. I heard they are giving 1TB of storage. Yes 1 TB! I used dropbox with my Nexus 4 but do not have enough space with them. How about google +? I heard you can use it just for pictures? Anyone have experience with either?

I just use Google Plus. It let's you do photos and videos and is automatic. Flickr was glitchy for me hope they fixed it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I just use Google Plus. It let's you do photos and videos and is automatic. Flickr was glitchy for me hope they fixed it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

So you just use it for pictures. If I sign up will people that I know on Google + know. Not really interested in the social aspects of the site.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
So you just use it for pictures. If I sign up will people that I know on Google + know. Not really interested in the social aspects of the site.

You have the choice to share after a picture is uploaded. Google+ works great all you do is set it and forget it. To this date I haven't shared not one picture because I only use Google+ to back up my pictures.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
You have the choice to share after a picture is uploaded. Google+ works great all you do is set it and forget it. To this date I haven't shared not one picture because I only use Google+ to back up my pictures.

Thanks I jumped on Google + and it seemed too busy for my taste. I cleaned out my dropox in case I want to go that route. I have been writing back and forth for a few app developers for cameras and quickpic and many do not have this device to test it to fix their apps. I am starting to wonder if having the only vanilla android device with a external SD card is a liability when it comes to app support...

I called google and they said I could initiate a return of my GPe by Friday (15 days since receiving it)...I love this device but one big reason I got it was because of SD card support...

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I jumped on Google + and it seemed too busy for my taste. I cleaned out my dropox in case I want to go that route. I have been writing back and forth for a few app developers for cameras and quickpic and many do not have this device to test it to fix their apps. I am starting to wonder if having the only vanilla android device with a external SD card is a liability when it comes to app support...

I called google and they said I could initiate a return of my GPe by Friday (15 days since receiving it)...I love this device but one big reason I got it was because of SD card support...

I'm coming from an iPhone 5 and Nexus 4 and could care less about external storage. Something as simple as saving pictures to a cloud service is really a no brainer. When you don't have the option for a removable battery and SD card you learn to not only live with these to features but not really care about them. I have yet to put an SD card in my device because the only thing I really need to save are pictures and Google made a good way to do it through Google+.I don't root and install custom ROM's anymore so that further eliminates the need for me to want external storage. I'll pick cloud storage over external storage any day because I have had SD cards that have crapped out and have lost my pictures, happened to me many times on my Nexus ONE. Also, If I need to save back up files from a launcher or an app like lightflow I use Google Drive. I can see why Google has moved away from external storage and now I understand why.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
With only 16GB I want external storage. I made that a requirement for myself after I had a Nexus 4. I almost went with the HTC One GPe to get 32 GB until I saw it did not have Google Wallet. I guess it is always something.

The cloud, while easy, is slow. Just pulling up picture to view is slow. I backup my SD card every month so I have been lucky and not lost anything. Hopefully the camera app developers can fix this issue.

For now I will just take pictures and batch move them over to my SD card once I get a bunch in the camera folder. ES file explorer can still write and delete from the SD card.

Sent from my GT-I9505G

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am mostly interested in a good camera replacement that supports storage images on the microSD card. I know GPe 4.3 doesn't in the stock camera, I read the JB+ app does, any others?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power