Texting Times

jayd311

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Just received my new Galaxy S4. I've noticed that when I turn the phone on and see that I've received a text, the time on the text is the time I turned the phone on, and not the time the text was actually sent. Is there a way to correct that? Also, is there a way to automatically add punctuation when typing a text? For example, in my previous phone if I wanted to type the word I'm, all I had to do was type im and the I was automatically capitalized and the apostrophe was automatically added. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

kjnangre

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Can't comment on the first one; my phone is never off. For the second one: it works for me. If I type "im", it automatically corrects it to "I'm" as soon as I press the space bar or start the next word.

jayd311

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks kjnangre . . . I was told by Sprint that my Galaxy S4 Android version does not support Automatic punctuation. They also informed me there is no remedy for the texting time stamp issue. Even though my previous Galaxy stamped the time the text was sent, this version stamps the time the text was received, and that's whenever you turn your phone on, regardless if the text was actually sent 6 hours before. Doesn't quite make sense to me. I don't need my phone to automatically scroll as I tilt my head, or change screens as I wave my hand over it. I just want to see when a simple text was sent to me! I think I'll be returning my phone and going back to my previous version!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084