My iPhone has quit working. How do I remove the battery to see if it will restart?

MallyMall88

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
google play edition phone's Failed

*GOOGLE PLAY EDITION PHONES FAIL*
When the nexus 7 2013 was announced at the google's conference android 4.3 was introduce. Virtual surround sound, restricted profiles, trim support, open GL ES 3.0, bluetooth 4.0 was more or less under the hood features you can come to expect from it. Once Google was done glorifying it's latest tablet, i said to my self ok GEP(Google edition phones) time to see if you will receive updates in timely manner, like the nexus line. And man am i so glad i didn't spend my hard earned money on one these nexus wanna-be's. It makes absolutely no sense to spend $600+ on one of these when you can cut that price in half and get a phone with comparable specs, that receive updates when they release. There's no excuse, even the galaxy-nexus which is even older than the GEP's received the update in time. Sorry GEP owners i'd just stick with a nexus!

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: google play edition phone's Failed

You said the Nexus was good since the updates came straight from Google. So how is it failed?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Except for the part that my S4 Google Edition kicks the Nexus 4's A$$ every which way...I know, I had a Nexus 4 for 5 months. Once I saw the GPe's were coming I sold it. The S4 GPe is a smoking phone that just does everything well even though the device was not necessarily build with vanilla android in mind. From what I saw in the Nexus 4 section regarding 4.3, I can wait a while before getting it because my S4 on 4.2.2 is solid!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-4/

So that is why I gladly spent my money on this. You get what you pay for... the Nexus 4 is in the minor leagues compared to the S4 GPe. Sorry if the truth hurts anyone, just keeping it truthful. I would rather spend $700 on a GPe than get a Nexus 4 for free. Ok that is a bit strong...the Nexus 4 is a good device but I guess I am just smitten with my S4 GPe!

Also we can stop acting like google fast updates do not bork up features on Nexus devices because we all know they do. Samsung can take a bit more time and I will be good once they send it.

Last edited:

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

Except for the part that my S4 Google Edition kicks the Nexus 4's A$$ every which way...I know, I had a Nexus 4 for 5 months. Once I saw the GPe's were coming I sold it. The S4 GPe is a smoking phone that just does everything well even thought the device was not necessarily build with vanilla android in mind. From what I saw in the Nexus 4 section regarding 4.3, I can wait a while before getting it because my S4 on 4.2.2 is solid!

So that is why I gladly spent my money on this. You get what you pay for... the Nexus 4 is in the minor leagues compared to the S4 GPe. Sorry if the truth hurts anyone, just keeping it truthful. I would rather spend $700 on a GPe than get a Nexus 4 for free.

Also we can stop acting like google fast updates do not bork up features on Nexus devices because we all know they do. Samsung can take a bit more time and I will be good once they send it.

+1

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

MallyMall88

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site

I didn't say the nexus fail... I was talking about the Google play edition phones

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

MallyMall88

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site

Except for the part that my S4 Google Edition kicks the Nexus 4's A$$ every which way...I know, I had a Nexus 4 for 5 months. Once I saw the GPe's were coming I sold it. The S4 GPe is a smoking phone that just does everything well even though the device was not necessarily build with vanilla android in mind. From what I saw in the Nexus 4 section regarding 4.3, I can wait a while before getting it because my S4 on 4.2.2 is solid!

So that is why I gladly spent my money on this. You get what you pay for... the Nexus 4 is in the minor leagues compared to the S4 GPe. Sorry if the truth hurts anyone, just keeping it truthful. I would rather spend $700 on a GPe than get a Nexus 4 for free. Ok that is a bit strong...the Nexus 4 is a good device but I guess I am just smitten with my S4 GPe!

Your gpe phone benchmark wise is gonna kick the n4 behind with no issues ... I would know I have a GS4 skinned version .. But in the real world the experience on the nexus 4 is just as good!! I have my skinned version and root stock android with np at all and if your the type who don't mind being locked into a contract... You've just saved a ton of Cash.. Stock android has came with benefit of being updated on a timely manner. And that's is main benefit. Otherwise imo your better off with a skinned phone... Since you'd have way more features

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Your gpe phone benchmark wise is gonna kick the n4 behind with no issues ... I would know I have a GS4 skinned version .. But in the real world the experience on the nexus 4 is just as good!! I have my skinned version and root stock android with np at all and if your the type who don't mind being locked into a contract... You've just saved a ton of Cash.. Stock android has came with benefit of being updated on a timely manner. And that's is main benefit. Otherwise imo your better off with a skinned phone... Since you'd have way more features

I have a skinned S4 too a 32GB model that I have not touched (except to check the battery) since getting my S4 GPe. I am a fan of vanilla android which is why I have owned a Nexus S, Nexus 4 and currently have a Nexus 7 with 4.3 BTW. I have been on AT&T since 1997 so I am not going anywere. The LTE network is too strong where I live to even consider another carrier. I have bought phones on and many off contract. No big deal to me. I do not mind paying for a premium network. No pre paid for me thank you...

I was not referring to benchmarks when I stated the S4 GPe kicks all over the Nexus 4. The S4 GPe has several advantages over the Nexus 4 for me. A 5 inch full HD screen, LTE, a WAY better camera!!! and a micro SD card to store photos, video, and music are all worth the additional cost to me. And not to mention battery life!!! And to wait a few more weeks for an update that really does not do much more. I could have converted my TW S4 but I wanted two separate devices because I like to maintain a pure vanilla android experience along with a touchwiz device.

Again, thanks for your opinion but the google editions are hardly a fail! Especially if you feel the Nexus 4 compromised on many of the things I mentioned above. Just my .02

Did I mention I love my S4 GPe!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-02-19-36-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-02-19-36-51.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_2013-08-02-19-37-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-02-19-37-00.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

kjnangre

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

+2

S4 GPE and Nexus 4 aren't even in the same league; only a fool would call them comparable

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer