Here's how to force update 4.3 OTA on your GS4 GPE

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have tried the above methods to update my gpe but still no update notice. Any ideas anyone?

Have you been on wifi? If so, I would just keep trying daily as they roll the updates out in stages. I have waited up to 10 days for updates before on Nexus devices.

thedrkstr

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
yes, I am on wifi. 10 days really? sounds terribly slow. I will keep trying. Do you know if the update is just broadcast generally or by some regional method. Or is it that their server is just bogged down with requests for updates?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
yes, I am on wifi. 10 days really? sounds terribly slow. I will keep trying. Do you know if the update is just broadcast generally or by some regional method. Or is it that their server is just bogged down with requests for updates?

Many say the updates roll out regionally but I have never tracked it. I usually do not force it but it may be delayed cause many do? Not sure. I doubt this will take that long since there are not that many GPe's out there. I have often received an update when starting my phone up in the morning(I turn it off every night).

thedrkstr

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like an idea. Tomorrow is Sunday and I sleep in so I will give that a try. Thanks for the info. If I get the update soon I will drop you a note. Thanks again

I did get the update. I did 2 things , one: I made sure my google account was linked to my phone number. Second I gave a call to Google Play support for GPE They said wait a little while. Eh, Voila, do anothe force procedure and my update was there. Now we will give it a go.

Another question : Does anyone know how to make a stock recovery file?

Last edited:

TrivialTweeter

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I have used this link to restore back to stock. I believe it will have what you need. I have not been able to get the update yet on my phone. Worth a try :)[FIX]GT-I9505G Restoration from Soft Brick - xda-developers

My update just came through. Loaded with no problems and running smoothly.

Thanks for the info. That's great that the update worked for you. The link you shared is actually the image and method I used to restore my phone a few weeks ago. I just used it again to restore my phone, but the 4.3 update still gives an error during the install. I ran the update immediately after restoring the phone, before signing in to my Google account or installing any apps. Not sure why the update worked for you and not for me. Not sure what I can do to fix it.

TrivialTweeter

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Not sure that has been accomplished yet. Here is a thread that has discussions going on about reverting back. Good luck [OTA] 4.3 OTA Zip for GT-I9505G Google Edition - Page 14 - xda-developers

I have tried this method. It does not restore the baseband to the MFD version. I am still on MFP. I'm trying to find an ODIN flashable baseband that I can apply. Don't know how else I'd get back to the MFD baseband.

It looks like someone posted it yesterday at XDA, but the file isn't available for download anymore.

Waiting4MyAndroid

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like an idea. Tomorrow is Sunday and I sleep in so I will give that a try. Thanks for the info. If I get the update soon I will drop you a note. Thanks again

I did get the update. I did 2 things , one: I made sure my google account was linked to my phone number. Second I gave a call to Google Play support for GPE They said wait a little while. Eh, Voila, do anothe force procedure and my update was there. Now we will give it a go.

Another question : Does anyone know how to make a stock recovery file?

May I ask what number you used to contact support?

TrivialTweeter

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
If anyone else is having problems getting the 4.3 OTA to install because they are not on the MFD baseband, here is the fix. I was able to flash the MH1 baseband from the 4.3 OTA and then download and install the 4.3 OTA update.

Swearengen

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
This has not worked for me. I'm on AT&T. The only thing I can think of that might have cause a problem is that I used Helium Backup And App Sync to backup my Galaxy S3, and then restore a few Apps on the Galaxy S4 GPE (not rooted). The baseband is MFD, for what its worth.

Galaxy S4 Google Edition AT&T --
Galaxy S4 VZW --
Galaxy S3 (CM10.12) --
Galaxy Note LTE

Swearengen

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Nic mine took almost a week. If yours is not new try this number:

Google Play hardware support team

From the following link:
https://support.google.com/googleplay/troubleshooter/3070579?hl=en&ref_topic=2803008

Call the Google Play hardware support team

For questions regarding devices sold on Google Play, please contact our support team at the numbers listed below:

Country Phone number Support availability

United States (855) 836-3987 24 hours a day, seven days a week

Australia 1800-093-181 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Canada 855-836-3987 24 hours a day, seven days a week
France 0805 541 040 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Monday - Saturday)
Germany 0 8007235105 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Monday - Saturday)
India 18001088485 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Monday - Friday)
Japan 0120-950-065 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Monday - Sunday)
Korea 080-456-7030 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Monday - Friday)
Spain 800900549 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Monday - Saturday)
United Kingdom 0800 328 6081 24 hours a day, seven days a weekNic, how long you had it? Mine took almost a week to realize an update was available. None of the tips that I found on the Net would make it happen any faster.

If you've had yours for more than a week try the following number:

abulletfrom1760

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a GS4 on At&t as well and am on 4.2.2 but I was curious if there was an update since the phone is slightly laggy. I came across this post and am curious if there is an official update that is rolling out (I checked for an update and it says current) or do I have to force it from the steps you guys have listed? I have a 16G phone with a 64G micro in it. Thanks for the help!

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If you have a carrier S4 then this particular sub-forum isn't for your phone. This is for the Google Play Edition. Your carrier version will be updated to 4.3 "soon". I hear starting next month.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995