02-18-2014 10:10 AM
101 1234 ...
tools
    What e-mail address did you e-mail to?
    It was through the Samsung USA website. I went to technical support and used the contact us page to send them an email. I had to use a different model number since GT-I9505G was not one I could select. I then put that model number in the subject line.
    08-13-2013 10:30 PM
    It was through the Samsung USA website. I went to technical support and used the contact us page to send them an email. I had to use a different model number since GT-I9505G was not one I could select. I then put that model number in the subject line.
    Went ahead and e-mailed them as well. I also asked them to giv eus the ability to transfer apps to the SD card the way the normal Galaxy S4 does. Write in everyone!
    08-14-2013 10:04 AM
    Has anyone seen any issues since making this change? Swiftkey all of the sudden can no longer access the language packs and astro stopped working saying "an error has occured. unable to open database file (code 14)"
    08-14-2013 01:52 PM
    I've made this change and SwiftKey is working great.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app
    08-14-2013 02:17 PM
    Has anyone seen any issues since making this change? Swiftkey all of the sudden can no longer access the language packs and astro stopped working saying "an error has occured. unable to open database file (code 14)"
    I was having some problems with winamp after rooting the device, but then uninstalling the root winamp starting performing properly again, is your phone still rooted?
    08-14-2013 02:30 PM
    I was having some problems with winamp after rooting the device, but then uninstalling the root winamp starting performing properly again, is your phone still rooted?
    Yea, still rooted.
    08-14-2013 02:57 PM
    I think we should focus on getting the apps writing to the sd card problem fixed because if you bring up the apps to sd card that is gonna get them confused and it is not gonna happen anyway.

The Samsung email address page is a little tricky to find here it is
    https://contactus.samsung.com/custom....jsp?SITE_ID=1
    This is what I wrote feel free to use all or part
    I have a recently purchased Samsung s4 google edition i9505G from the Google play store. After the 4.3 android update my apps have lost the ability to write to the sd card. This has been documented in many articles on the web here is a couple
    Android 4.3 update for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play edition breaks SD card writing, but there is a workaround | Android Central

Android 4.3 update for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play edition breaks SD card writing, but there is a workaround | Android Central

I have talked to Google and they told me a fix for this would be your responsibility.
    Are you aware of this problem? Are you working on a fix? Thanks!
    08-14-2013 04:50 PM
    I'm bit confused, when we are talking about SD card, we aren't talking about sdcard0 (internal storage) right?

I started paying attention to where apps are writing data and realized several apps said it wrote to SD card but wrote to sdcard0 instead.

08-14-2013 05:10 PM
    I'm bit confused, when we are talking about SD card, we aren't talking about sdcard0 (internal storage) right?

I started paying attention to where apps are writing data and realized several apps said it wrote to SD card but wrote to sdcard0 instead.

Internal storage is also called sd card sometimes and external sd card is the micro sd card that is put into the phone to expand storage. In this case, we are talking about apps being able to write to the external sd card. If you take a picture, the photo will be saved in your internal camera folder. On several camera apps, you can specify the path where the camera saves the photo such as ext SD card and then picture folder. 4.3 is denying apps from writing (saving) pictures or files to the ext sd card. With the exception of ES file explorer.
    Sasazuka and spacolin like this.
    08-14-2013 06:49 PM
    Got my response back from Samsung as I feared even through I made it very clear the confused what I wanted with apps to sd.
    Thank you for contacting Samsung Telecommunications America.

After reviewing your email, we understand that you after the 4.3 android update on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Google play(GT-I9505)phone, your apps have lost the ability to write to the SD card. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We are sorry to inform you that, this is a Google phone and update was launched by Google and they would have to launch a software update in order for customer to be able to store apps on SD card.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and there might be an enhancement in future software updates.

We once again apologize for any inconvenience that might have caused to you.

Please get back to us if you have any further concerns. We will be available 24/7 to assist you.

Thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products.

Sincerely,

Keisha
    Technical Support

So I sent them a second email hope this one is clear enough:-)

This is my second email attempt to solve this problem so let me make one thing clear. I am NOT asking for the ability to move apps to the external sd card.

When I got my Samsung s4 google edition i9505G BEFORE the 4.3 update my apps WERE able to WRITE to the external sd card. For example the camera app i was using (camera jb+) was able to have pictures taken stored directly on the external sd card. After the 4.3 update the ability to write to the extenal sd card was broken for all apps. If you look at the links provided here to articles about this it is explained VERY CLEARLY. PLEASE LOOK AT THEM

I have talked to Google and they told me a fix for this would be your responsibility.
    Are you aware of this problem? Are you working on a fix? Thanks!
    Sasazuka likes this.
    08-15-2013 05:58 PM
    So far we have no acknowledgment from Samsung or Google on this issue.

Sent from another Galaxy..
    S4 Google Edition...
    08-15-2013 07:49 PM
    So far we have no acknowledgment from Samsung or Google on this issue.

S4 Google Edition...
    No we do not. I wish they would at least acknowledge it and give us a timeline for a fix.

Sent from my kicka$$ GT-I9505G
    08-15-2013 08:01 PM
    I'm starting to think this was intentional.. If so a class action is in order. I didn't pay $700 for a gimped phone.

S4 Google Edition...
    08-15-2013 08:03 PM
    I'm starting to think this was intentional.. If so a class action is in order. I didn't pay $700 for a gimped phone.

S4 Google Edition...
    I do not. Samsung has been an ardent supporter of the external SD card. Our phone is one of the fewbif not the only pure android device with an external SD card. Like Jerry said they used the Nexus 10 (Samsung) as a reference and that does not have an ext sd card and they may have missed it.

Does anyone know anyone who works for Samsung?

08-15-2013 08:09 PM
    I saw that Google acknowledged and FIXED the "Invalid File" error in the play store version 4.3.10 that rolled out not too long ago. This issue was brought to there attention and they acknowledged, reacted and fixed it. Our issue has not even been acknowledged I for one called them and brought it to Google & Samsung's attention. Yet we see not even an acknowledgment from either company. Let me be clear I'm just looking for acknowledgement @ this point..

S4 Google Edition...
    spacolin likes this.
    08-15-2013 08:18 PM
    I called the other Samsung phone number and I got a pretty good person on the phone. Explained the situation and she said nothing is in the system about it. Then had her go on the wed to a link I provided that goes over the problem. She said she posted the problem in the system and I had her post the link as well.
    Glad some people here are pissed about this MAJOR problem as well. Lets stay on this till we get a answer!
    planoman likes this.
    08-15-2013 08:52 PM
    So I got this reply this morning form Samsung.

Dear XXX,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Telecommunications America.

After reviewing your email, we understand that you have recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition i9505G from the Google play store. After the applying Android 4.3 OTA update your apps have lost the ability to write to the SD card. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We have checked the weblink provided by you. We are aware of this issue. We are sorry to inform you that, this is a Google phone and update was launched by Google and they would have to launch a software update in order for customer to apps are able to write to the external SD card.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and there might be an enhancement in future software updates.

We would request you contact our voice support team for further assistance. They are authorized to deal these kind of issues.

You can reach them at 1-888-987-4357, Mon-Fri: 7 AM - 9 PM (CST), Sat: 9 AM - 6 PM (CST).

We once again apologize for any inconvenience that might have caused to you.

Please get back to us if you have any further concerns. We will be available 24/7 to assist you.

Thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products.

Sincerely,

Keisha
    Technical Support

These people just don't have a clue. They are just trained to point the finger back and forth. Google has authorized a replacement device. I explained I will try the device even though it will behave in the exact same way after applying the 4.3 OTA. I will be demanding a refund upon the failure of this test and we know this will fail. Im starting to think this was done on purpose and it puts me off from dealing with Google or Samsung in the future as the move that was played was a real sleazy move and then to play like you are unaware of what we the end user are experiencing is crazy.

Glad i still have my unlocked iPhone5.. It may be back to IOS..

I actually just returned an unopened Nexus 7 right back to the BestBuy.

These companies don't care unless it affects the bottom line hence they reacted immediately to fix the play store issue as that affected the bottom line. I say don't spend a dime with a company if they don't do right by you. They will change rather than spend their own capitol, but it has to be a unified front. We the people have the power to move mountains.!

The keyword is TOGETHER.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4
    08-16-2013 09:15 AM
    Just got the exact same response as maconsultant from Samsung today. So I called the support number from Google play store and got a good person on the phone. I explained the problem and Samsung's response. He understands the problem and looked at links I provided. He guarantees me he will bring this up at their next meeting and give them the links to articles on the matter as well.

For me the biggest problem with apps not being able to write to the external sd card for me is camera apps. The only camera app I found that had the option to save pictures AND videos directly after taking them to the sd card was "camera jb+" Which worked great before the 4.3 update. Right after I got the 4.3 update I emailed the developer of the app and explained the problem. He responded the next day and said he was working on a fix. If more people email him and ask for a fix maybe we can get this solved without a update from Google. Here is the email for the developer of camera jb+
    moblynx.us@gmail.com
    Thanks!!
    08-16-2013 05:04 PM
    I just received my RMA to return this device to Google. How many of you would return it?

The issue itself is not worth returning but the principle of the issue is. Who knows how many other times this device will be in no man's land between Google and Samsung?

I will sleep on it.

08-16-2013 05:29 PM
    I think you should go higher up. The first line customer support rarely understand the issue fully. If you are already rooted this doesn't seem so bad but I can understand the frustration. Point it out to them that they are just pushing responsibility.

Edit: who actually made this update? Samsung or Google?

08-16-2013 05:49 PM
    I just received my RMA to return this device to Google. How many of you would return it?

The issue itself is not worth returning but the principle of the issue is. Who knows how many other times this device will be in no man's land between Google and Samsung?

I will sleep on it.

Understand your concerns but hope you don't return it. As you said it is a great phone except for this issue. We are just now getting to the bottom of this. We now know its Google's responsibility and thats who we should be contacting and if the person you talk to at Google say's its Samsung's responsibility you have Samsung's response to read to them. The person I talked to at Google emailed me this follow up
    Thank you for contacting Google Play Support. As we discussed on the phone, all of the bugs for the 4.3 update are definitely working to get fixed. Your case will not go unnoticed and I will pass the information that you have provided me with on so we can fix the issue that you have brought to my attention.

I am not rooted but for those of you who are I read a fix you can do today by The Mobi Mag. Just google "Fix SD Card Writing Error on Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition running Android 4.3"
    Hopefully some of you will email the developer of "camera jb+" because that might be the quickest solution to at least start saving our pics and vids after taking them directly to the extenal sd card.
    08-16-2013 10:40 PM
    I hear you, but if this all gets straight I am sure Google would be happy to sell me another one. If it does not, many of us paid 700 for a cutting edge device that is not getting supported. Again not the issue itself but the fact that no one had stepped up and even acknowledged this issue and promised a fix. I saw your response from Google but it looked like a generic response to address the several reported bugs in 4.3.

08-16-2013 11:06 PM
    You make some good points and i understand if you return it. If you do please make sure they understand the reason for your return. thanks
    08-16-2013 11:45 PM
    I hear you, but if this all gets straight I am sure Google would be happy to sell me another one. If it does not, many of us paid 700 for a cutting edge device that is not getting supported. Again not the issue itself but the fact that no one had stepped up and even acknowledged this issue and promised a fix. I saw your response from Google but it looked like a generic response to address the several reported bugs in 4.3.

applaud your move, hope google/sammy acts
    08-19-2013 04:33 PM
    Just wanted to reply that this worked great for me with JB+ I had backed up my phone prior to doing the update to 4.3 and also checked the xml file. It's pretty clear the line was just simply removed or they used another device as a reference. Added the line and all is well in my world. Too bad CM 10.2 can't get this worked out or I'd be running that.
    08-20-2013 02:26 PM
101 1234 ...