64GB SD Card Detection Problem

4ortik

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
Its my first post so here it goes:

Quite simply: I have a couple of folders on my 64GB SD card. Today for some reason I connected my Galaxy S4 as I usually do to my computer.
When I went into my SD card folder (Windows 7 X64) I couldn't find most of the files and folders which I copied there, except for pictures/videos which I save there after taking them.
So I googled around and looked for some answers and couldn't find a solution to my problem.

The funny and strange thing is that I can actually see ALL of my 64GB SD card folders/files through My Files.
Maybe I need to install some other driver for detecting the data on my SD card?

In most of the posts I've read people have trouble with their phones not detecting the SD card. My problem is the opposite, my computer can't detect/find the data on my SD card.

I hope you can help me,

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible the folders could be hidden? Change your Windows Explorer settings to show hidden folders/files and look again.

4ortik

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Tried that, didn't help..
I also tried connecting through a different computer, but that didn't work either.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you know if the card is configured with XFAT or FAT32? I've read that XFAT seems to cause more problems.

Posted via Android Central App

4ortik

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I finally gave up and just mounted the SD card straight onto my laptop, saved everything and then formatted it.
Then I copied all the files back onto it while connected to my Galaxy. At first everything looked and felt alright, until I restarted my phone and it asked to mount the SD card. After mounting it once again files sorta disappeared while browsing the folders of the SD card..
btw after restarting the phone said my SD card might be damaged (its brand new).

So for now I can't really trust keeping files on it..maybe the problem is with the SD card and not my phone. The only files that did save on it with no problems where the photos/vids which I saved on it my default.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown