Waiting to Install 4.3

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else waiting to install 4.3 until they fix most of the bugs?? I'm secretly hoping they add the move app to sd card option lol

Sasazuka

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Auto-complete in the dialer is nice but it's off by default. Wifi scanning for location detection seems interesting but I haven't enabled it yet. I'm also noticing that the proximity sensor is more sensitive about dimming my screen. I haven't taken a closer look at battery but some have reported improvements.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app

Sasazuka

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I'd also like to add that personally 4.3 has been very prone to crashes. I've had apps crash while loading and just now when I unlocked the phone just rebooted. I'm not sure if it's the OS or apps (no new apps compared to 4.2.2).

Edit: To clarify apps mostly crash while loading and not during use.
Edit: Any ideas for finding logs to determine what's causing the crash?
Edit: Tried "adb logcat" but I don't see anything pertaining to my crashes.
Edit: Charging feels faster, I'm not sure if I'm using less per day now.

Last edited:

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I'd also like to add that personally 4.3 has been very prone to crashes. I've had apps crash while loading and just now when I unlocked the phone just rebooted. I'm not sure if it's the OS or apps (no new apps compared to 4.2.2).

Edit: To clarify apps mostly crash while loading and not during use.
Edit: Any ideas for finding logs to determine what's causing the crash?
Edit: Tried "adb logcat" but I don't see anything pertaining to my crashes.
Edit: Charging feels faster, I'm not sure if I'm using less per day now.

odd.. hopefully fixes come soon

kotbn18

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
This seems odd does anyone know if its because this 4.3 update was tinkered with by Sammy because I'm using a nexus 4 and I don't have any of these issues. I was thinking of getting a s4 GE. I'll have to watch the forums closely on this topic.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
This seems odd does anyone know if its because this 4.3 update was tinkered with by Sammy because I'm using a nexus 4 and I don't have any of these issues. I was thinking of getting a s4 GE. I'll have to watch the forums closely on this topic.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

No problems here other than known bugs. Just like we cannot go by the threads on the Nexus 4 forum as the failure of 4.3. The phones are not in the same league. The S4 GPe is superior is every measurable way.

There will always be bugs especially with new updates. In my opinion it is probably apps that have not been updated yet.

Sent from my GT-I9505G

Sasazuka

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed a pattern that apps will frequently crash if I happen to touch the screen while it's loading or switch orientation (noticed in "Candy Crush Saga" and "Puzzle and Dragon"). I haven't seen any updates for those games in regards to 4.3 so it's likely to be app specific (maybe).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20