What is your level of satisfaction with the Google Edition S4? What device did you come from?

I am very satisfied at how well the GPe works although the device was not designed as a vanilla android device. Super simple, smooth and really allows maximum customization! It still has some quirks of the vanilla android OS but overall it is a great device!

I came from the Nexus 4 and Note 2. I sold them both and picked up a pair of S4's a ATT carrier model and the Google Play edition! Not really sure why but I have not really used my carrier model. For some reason I like my GPe model more...
    08-14-2013 07:21 PM
    I'd say my level of satisfaction with the GPe S4 is a 9 out 10. Really enjoy the carrier debloated experience with its hardware amenities (is. Removable battery, SD card, 13 mega pix camera, etc) but do miss a couple of the features baked into twizz such as the haptic/vibration intensity settings, camera software, and messaging. I realize some if these 4.3 limitations can be fixed with apps but no big deal I guess.

I came from a rooted ATT S3.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4
    08-14-2013 09:18 PM
    In coming from a nexus 4 and I'm very happy with mine. The only thing that bugs me is the physical home button. I always press it by accident when I put my phone to sleep and put it down. Other than that this is the best phone I've had so far. I give it a 9 out of 10 because it's that good.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4
    08-15-2013 06:53 AM
    I came from a Nexus 4. Physically I like the thinner, lighter body and larger screen. I like the extra screen space created by hardware buttons but the layout is a little confusing coming from the Nexus. The software is great and feels faster than the N4, though I have occasional stability hiccups. I also like that there seem to be a wider variety of nice cases and bumpers for the phone. There sometimes seems to be lag when pressing the power button on or off which is the major annoyance. My reception is much better than the N4 on tmobile plus it has real LTE. Battery life is better and I have an extra just in case. Over all 9.5/10.

The only thing I wonder is why white only?

I am still a little worried about updates... 4.3 went okay but what does the future hold for GPEs

Posted via Android Central App
    08-15-2013 12:25 PM
    i'd say 7.5/10 - still on 4.2.2 but even then im running across a little laggy/bugginess, only 16gb option for internal memory, and of course who can forget all the SD card issues we continue to have. Best phone I've ever had/played with hands down, but I guess I had built myself up to expect more.
    08-15-2013 01:43 PM