Email / messages badge count missing on new s4 google edition ?

andymacnexus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I new to android having been iOS since first iPhone. Really pleased I switched but I tried a few android phones , S3 S4 Xperia Z, various HTC devices, but wanted stock android so went for S4 gpe for now (until nexus5 is released). However, on other phones I used to get badge count on email and message icon showing unread count, but it's not on s4gpe, is this just how it is or am I missing something?

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah dont get email or message count on the dock icons on pure android. Thats a Touch wiz or Sense feature. On pure android you only get email or message notifications in the notification bar at top.

Posted via Android Central App

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
The feature you're looking for doesn't come natively to pure Google devices. I have nova launcher and have Tesla unread plugin which shows the number of missed calls,unread email and sms messages. Works nicely.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

andymacnexus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok thanks for that, I'm used to it now , really pleased with the whole stock android thing and the phone hardware is great too. Still going to keep my eye on the upcoming nexus 5 though. Cheers all the best.

andymacnexus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The feature you're looking for doesn't come natively to pure Google devices. I have nova launcher and have Tesla unread plugin which shows the number of missed calls,unread email and sms messages. Works nicely.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Cheers thank you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01