Battery Question

garychelli

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello just a question if anyone could help. Just got my galaxy s4 and notice battery like is not really good as many complain on these boards. I disabled all the gestures and still having issues. For example I had my phone on my desk didnt even use it at all it was idle and an hour later it was 10% less battery even though i didnt use it. Is this normal? any help is appreciated...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It depends on what your signal condition and background processes are. A snapshot of your battery graph would help a lot. But in my experience, the biggest drain was Google Now constantly polling for my location. As soon as I disabled that (the fact that Google Now is crap in my country helped with the decision :p ), my battery life nearly doubled.

Try to set your phone in airplane mode and leave it for an hour. If it still drains like crazy, there might be something wrong with the battery or the phone's initial installation; a factory reset might help in that case. But if it doesn't, then you're likely having trouble with a background process or bad signal.

My phone, with Google Now, WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS off, and medium/heavy usage lasts for at least 12 hours on a single charge.

David Horgan

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just like the guy said above me. Get a screen shot of your battery stats in the settings options. Screen shot is power+volume down button at the same time. But if you don't happen to have the Google Edition, its power+menu button. Both ways are real quick and release. Something's up because I'll get an easy solid day out of a charge and I have the CPU and GPU overclocked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34