01-13-2018 03:30 PM
43 12
tools
    It might be the famous power button got stuck problem. Here's the link for troubleshooting and solutions. You might need some simple electrical skills.

evolverine likes this.
    04-26-2015 02:55 AM
    I tried your solutions, and it work for a while, after that the problem keep persisting.
    04-26-2015 02:57 AM
    I visited the service center and they said that the problem is with the motherboard of the device and it needs to get replaced...
    05-05-2015 12:50 PM
    Had the same problem, and tried all of these solutions, nothing worked. Finally plugged it in to computer through usb and phone powered right up.
    05-17-2015 02:34 PM
    06-09-2015 04:28 PM
    Okay, I've always had horrible luck with phones but this one takes the cake. I've had this phone for all of three days, and it wont charge or turn on. I plug it in, it says its charging, but when I go to turn it on it shows the logo for a moment and cuts back off. I tried to reboot it and just nothing will make it turn on. What I cant understand is how, when I try to turn it on, it says that it's charging, but it's clearly not.
    07-11-2015 01:45 AM
    Hello there! What you described is exactly what my phone is doing. Did you ever get past it or did you have to get a new phone?
    01-16-2016 12:21 PM
    The same thing happened to my S4... We went to go get it checked out, and it turns out the LED under the glass screen had broken. What you have to do is go get your glass screen replaced, it costs like $269 (I almost died), and then you have to turn on your phone, it works now! But, then you have to reset your phone to the factory resets, you will lose all of data, so back it up first, and voila! Your phone works now!
    01-17-2016 02:10 PM
    My S4 mini just blank on me.

it wont charge or even switch on.

i tried the volume+ and home screen button with the on button but it still doesnt work.

its so depressing
    04-07-2016 02:41 AM
    HI!, so I just had the same problem, and finally thanks to google search I was able to find a solution. I was just getting ready to give up and buy a new phone , the problem I had with my phone was, every time I pressed the power button it turns off, and doesn't turned back on, i "smacked" my phone ones or twice and it would turn back on, then after few minutes it shuts off, I tried taking the battery off, pressing the power button etc... I tried everything! nothing worked....so nothing was wrong with my battery or charger after all, just the stupid system to get to the point I tried these recommendation I found from searching google... all you had to do is reboot your system.. this are the steps.. (P.S make sure you backed up all you photos etc...on dropbox or your google account!!!!) and make sure you are around a reliable wifi!

follow steps as followed your welcome!

Turn off the device.
    Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up key, Home key, Power key.
    When the phone vibrates, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
    When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
    Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset.’
    Press Power button to select.
    Press the Volume down key until ‘delete all user data’ is highlighted.
    Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
    When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
    Press the Power key to restart the device.

the link to this helpful suggestion is from

How To Fix Samsung Galaxy S4 That Won't Turn On [Part 1]

hope this helped! I officially hate android -__-
    I feel like i have a brand new phone!!!
    04-13-2016 07:23 PM
    My S4 mini just blank on me.

it wont charge or even switch on.

i tried the volume+ and home screen button with the on button but it still doesnt work.

its so depressing

Mine did this yesterday, friend told be about the hard boot, but nothing. with battery without battery, on the other charges, nothing. I had a bad battery already so I thought it is the battery but I think it just went dead when it won't turn on again anyhow
    09-09-2016 01:05 PM
    THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED WITH MINE. were you able to turn it back on some how?
    12-12-2016 11:13 PM
    Same as mine. Did anyone's background go blue? After that it doesn't even switch on! Did yours go on?
    01-22-2017 07:12 AM
    Considering the issue that your S4 mini doesn't start below are the few workaround
    Scenario 1:The phone does power on but it is stuck at Samsung logo-Its a software or firmware issue,try going into advanced boot options(press Home+Power+ Volume up) try clearing the cache from boot menu else reset your phone to factory settings in the same menu,Else put it in download mode(Home+Power+Volume Up) install ODIN on PC arm it with custom image(tar file) and try flashing it.
    Scenario 2:The phone doesn't power on but when you connect to the charger the display shows its getting charged: Then it might be with power button,try hard press the power button else try opening your phone and turn on power by shorting the pins.
    Scenario 3:Neither the phone starts up nor it shows charging,try cleaning the battery connector pins properly(if possible try another battery too) and try again if this still doesn't work it might be a hardware issue with display or motherboard,open up your phone and check whether proper voltage(battery voltage) is reaching to motherboard power connector pins using an voltmeter,if yes then the display is faulty and if not then its a problem with entire motherboard and its better to say "Goodbye" to your S4 mini rather than spending a lot on a new motherboard(even display alone is expensive to replace with new one).
    I have used S4 mini for about 3 years and it stopped working one fine day.Unfortunately mine was scenario 3 and couldn't be fixed and the most likely reason being a power surge during charging or poor quality IC's mounted on the motherboard which have shorter life span.
    Thank You
    Disclaimer: Above steps are just suggestions please use proper expert assistance and caution while performing them at your own risk.
    01-25-2017 03:32 PM
    My son's S4 has just stopped working! I have one as well so we swapped batteries, his battery works fine in mine but my fully charged battery doesn't make a difference in his. It doesn't even appear to be charging when plugged in - just looks completely dead. He got his phone virtually the day it was released on the O2 network (mines on Virgin and only a couple of days younger).

Does anyone have any ideas?

TIA
    02-16-2017 10:52 AM
    I find myself with the same problem this morning. Phone was dead. Plugged it in to charge for a few hours, and now I checked it and it won't turn on or show any life at all. TiggerB, what was your resolution?
    The same scenario happened to me. My phone works fine until my charger got destroyed so my battery went low and I had to find new charger and found one. I turned off the device to charge it up and it was okay. I checked it every single time and went from 15%to 48% then the next time I checked it, the red led light was not lighting, and there were no signs of life left in my phone!!! It is not charging at all! I tried using my spare battery and it also doesn't work
    please to those who went to Samsung centers and let their phone be diagnosed please tell us what happened and what are the solutions. Thank you.
    02-27-2017 02:25 PM
    Hi people im TiggerB's son

What happened is i knew it was low on battery and had plugged it into my computer to charge, but i had forgotten the fact that if you actually carry on using it while its charging it uses more power than it can get from charging, so as i was playing on it all of a sudden it just turned off, and since then it just hasnt come back on. Even when plugged in to charge the phone is lifeless, there is no battery charging graphic or anything so i think it must be something more than just the power button.
    04-18-2017 03:53 PM
    Press the Home, Power and Volume up button at the same time and it should reboot automatically
    But the thing is it wont come alive. It wont even pop up the charging up icon. I'm starting to think that my original samsung thing is broken but i've triend my mom's and my sister's cable it won't work too. so how am i supposed to do that if it wont be all frankenstine? And before it went all 'You know what? I decide i'll just pass-out right now.' And dead. And now im charging it it just bleb [charging icon] black screen. bleb [again] dead. and repeat for three times and then dead again. I can't do soft reset with this. it won't come alive. I checked while doing this so. Is it the battery or the phone itself? I downloaded stuff there and placed it on obb before all this. Is that the problem? or is it just S4? I got an S4 before all this and it does the same thing and i send it back. months pass and i just got it back and this is a week into this. and I am paranoid my step-father will found out about this.
    01-13-2018 03:30 PM
43 12