09-17-2014 10:10 PM
31 12
tools
    Jolt--

THANK YOU!!! This was absolutely my problem.. DD-WRT I was using DNSMASQ as well.. once I added proxy.mobile.att.net to my hosts and it was resolvable MMS now function!

Way to go.. Can't believe I didn't think about pinging it... just assumed it would use the cellular DNS.

Thanks again!

Mike
    jolt_man likes this.
    10-05-2013 01:29 PM
    Jolt--

THANK YOU!!! This was absolutely my problem.. DD-WRT I was using DNSMASQ as well.. once I added proxy.mobile.att.net to my hosts and it was resolvable MMS now function!

Way to go.. Can't believe I didn't think about pinging it... just assumed it would use the cellular DNS.

Thanks again!

Mike
    Glad I was able to help at least one person!

Jensen:

Were you using the same APNs? What about pinging all DNS names from those APNs?
    10-05-2013 01:36 PM
    I'm having the same problem, but on T-Mobile LTE. I'm not as phone savvy as you guys... what would I type in to do this fix with T-Mobile? Thanks.
    10-20-2013 02:51 PM
    I'm having the same problem, but on T-Mobile LTE. I'm not as phone savvy as you guys... what would I type in to do this fix with T-Mobile? Thanks.
    What are the APNs you've got setup on your phone? What WiFi router are you using? Are you using custom firmware on your router? Have you tried the method I mentioned in a previous post? Have you installed Android Terminal Emulator and tried pinging your MMS APNs from the phone (try pinging while connected to your WiFi and the try again after disabling WiFi on your phone) and for your internal network?
    10-20-2013 03:14 PM
    I am having this same issue using T-Mobile but like the guy above you are speaking in Japanese. I installed Android Terminal but have no idea whats next?
    10-28-2013 09:07 PM
    Hello all! So I know this thread is kind of old but it had a lot of relevant information to this issue so I thought I'd post my solution here. This issue drove me insane until just now when I fixed it.

I have a Nexus 5 (custom ROM; CM based) and just switched back to AT&T after being with T-Mobile for a year and not having signal. Since I switched, my MMS sending and receiving has been intermittent at best. I tried messing with countless APN configurations until I decided that something else had to be going on. I happened to disable my WiFi at home and realize that an MMS went through. Coincidence? Maybe... Well I tried again and again and it turns out it wasn't a coincidence.

I've been wanting to use Textra because I like it best but didn't find a way for it to solvey WiFi routed MMS issues at first. Now I have. There was an option to enable mobile data when sending MMS hut not disabling WiFi, or so I thought. Then I saw the T-Mobile WiFi Calling setting (very misleading). It actually does exactly this: it disables WiFi briefly when sending an MMS to ensure it goes through your cellular connection. Enable this option and you're set!

I tried messing around with my home network forwarding the proxy.mobile.att.net address directly through DNS and so on and it never worked for me. This did.

Give it a try!

Again a recap, if you can't send MMS when connected to WiFi, try using Textra for messaging, go to MMS settings, and enable the T-Mobile WiFi calling (even if you're on AT&T!) fix that disables WiFi when sending an MMS.
    09-17-2014 10:10 PM
31 12