All right, I've been seeing "biased" reviews, usually in favor of the One. Even when it's compared to the new Sony Xperia Z1 with a 2.4 quad core and 21 point something MP camera, there's always people saying "HTC One won."

The One feels amazing in hand and interface, and it looks great. About it's audio: if I wanted to buy something with good sound, I'd just buy some sound system. I mean, I'm pretty sure most phones can just be turned on with some friends and nobody would really care. The S4 audio is actually pretty good though.

I really liked the GS4 for its screen size and camera quality. It didn't feel that good in my hand, though. I want to use it for browsing the web, Facebook, music (mostly headphones or plugging into a car?) apps, and emails, so I thought the bigger screen size would help me not feel restricted (if I somehow felt that way in the future with the One).

There's also people who claim they traded their GS4 for the HTC One, because they started to hate it, or get bored of the phone. They said that they love the HTC One a lot more, now. What's giving it more longevity?

I'm getting each for the same price. Both phones seem amazing. Just trying to decide here haha.

Thanks.

EDIT: Just noticed this was posted in the wrong forum. If somebody could move this to the main S4 forum, it would be much appreciated.
    09-11-2013 01:53 AM
    I can only tell you I love my S4. Its fast, fluid, and I love the screen and expandable storage. I also appreciate the peace of mind of knowing I can get at the battery. However, different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE
    09-11-2013 02:18 AM
    http://www.versus.com/en/htc-one-goo...s4-google-play

Compares both GE edition, should be quite similar for the non-GE version.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app
    09-11-2013 03:59 PM
    I actually traded my HTC One for a Moto X, and when that didn't work out (Camera, Camera, Camera), I went to the S4. Guess what? I LOVE it. I am running the Google Edition ROM so that might be a factor but I was running Google Edition HTC One as well. I love the S4 screen. The S4 camera is without a doubt the best camera on an android phone. No questions asked.
    09-11-2013 04:11 PM
    Hey, thanks guys I bought the S4... The One is so tempting. It looks so damn sexy and just feels so good in my hand hehe. I thought the screen size and camera were the major pluses. I'll see how I like the S4 for a bit!!
    09-11-2013 10:49 PM
    I can only tell you I love my S4. Its fast, fluid, and I love the screen and expandable storage. I also appreciate the peace of mind of knowing I can get at the battery.
    This forum is for users of the Google Play Edition of the Galaxy S4 and we don't have expandable storage - Google took that away from us with the update to Android 4.3.
    09-12-2013 09:39 AM
    I bought the S4 because a removable battery can seriously prolong the life cycle of a phone. I am tired of swapping phones and I think advances are finally getting to the point where each model is no longer drastically better. I want to keep one for a couple years at least. Plus it eliminates the need to carry a charger just a small battery and I am good for two full days. I was also confused by HTC's camera stats and read the S4 camera was very good.

In terms of looks thought the htc wins if that is important to you. Even the ugly white phone has grown on me though.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-12-2013 12:45 PM
    Ohh, I was thinking about getting the S4 (GPe or AT&T and flashing GPe).
    So, just to be clear (to me ), with the 4.3 update you can no longer use a SD card ?

Thanks,
    Fred

This forum is for users of the Google Play Edition of the Galaxy S4 and we don't have expandable storage - Google took that away from us with the update to Android 4.3.
    09-12-2013 01:36 PM
    Even the ugly white phone has grown on me though.

Posted via Android Central App
    Throw a Spigen Neo-Hybrid case on it and watch it transform into a beautiful device!
    09-12-2013 01:40 PM
    Ohh, I was thinking about getting the S4 (GPe or AT&T and flashing GPe).
    So, just to be clear (to me ), with the 4.3 update you can no longer use a SD card ?

Thanks,
    Fred
    Not exactly true. The 4.3 update keeps third party apps from writing to the SD card. For some reason ES file explorer can still write and delete from the ext SD card. Native apps can also so if you put pics and music on the ext SD card the gallery can see them and Google play music can play the music from it.

An app like JB+ camera cannot save pictures to the ext SD card. You can use ES file explorer to move them to the ext SD card however.

Not really a big deal still a kick **** phone!

Posted from my bada$$ GT-I9505G
    09-12-2013 02:38 PM
    Throw a Spigen Neo-Hybrid case on it and watch it transform into a beautiful device!
    haha that's the exact case I have and it made me think hey that looks pretty good!

Also tried a draco design hydra which looks fantastic but doesn't really have enough of a back lip to protect the camera.
    09-12-2013 02:58 PM
    Well, it was indeed tough to choose between these two phones!!

I finally received the Galaxy S4 today, and have been loving it more than I ever thought I would. That multi window feature is amazing. Camera and Screen size are greattt. The screen size seems to be good for reading pdfs for studying. The speaker is pretty good too. I've upgraded from a kyocera rise haha... so either phone would have been amazing.

Why do people always say the HTC is better? Of course the UI and speakers are great. The feel and look of the phone is amazing as well! But what else? Honestly, we all should put cases on our phones anyways, right? Both are basically do the same thing in the top tier haha.

Does anybody have any recommendations for a case? I'm looking at these:

Amazon.com: Beyond Cell Tri-Shield Hybrid Hard Shell & Silicone Case with Built-In Kickstand for Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV S 4 - Black/Neon Green: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S4 Body Glove Fusion Case with Kick Stand Navy Blue / Aqua Blue Trim: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Amazon.com: Beyond Cell AquaFlex Transparent Hardshell & Durable TPU Bumper Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 - Black/Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

I really want something that will protect it, and look as good as it can haha. I'm assuming only the Beyond case is good for drop protection... Any other good drop protecting cases that look great?

Thanks guys!

EDIT: Btw, is the back of the phone scratch resistant? What would be the most vulnerable part?
    09-14-2013 01:25 AM
    Not exactly true. The 4.3 update keeps third party apps from writing to the SD card. For some reason ES file explorer can still write and delete from the ext SD card. Native apps can also so if you put pics and music on the ext SD card the gallery can see them and Google play music can play the music from it.

An app like JB+ camera cannot save pictures to the ext SD card. You can use ES file explorer to move them to the ext SD card however.

Not really a big deal still a kick **** phone!

Posted from my bada$$ GT-I9505G
    Actually I'm running the 4.3 GE ROM on my AT&T SG4 with Faux's Kernel and I can write to the external SD card just fine. Sure the stock camera app won't, but my other apps do. I also use ProCapture for a camera APP, which is a great app BTW, and I have it set to save my photos to the external SD card, and it does.

You just need to do the appropriate mods is all.
    09-15-2013 11:34 PM