09-25-2013 10:06 AM
30 12
tools
    Wait... Need more information. As far as I understand the platform xml change didn't trigger an assertion failure. So when you say it won't update I think I need more specifics. My odin image will certainly work but it'd be better to understand why the update isn't working so we can try to fix that and give you the power to fix issues like this going forward.

Carved in blood by a wakizashi...
    09-23-2013 08:33 AM
    Thanks so much for the response, I really appreciate it. I had rooted the phone and then edited to platform.xml to allow access to write to SD card. Thats pretty much all I did when i rooted my phone. I had updated from 4.2.2 without any problem however when i did the recent update of 16.6 mb, during the installation process i get the android guy and a messsage saying "error", the phone reboots and starts normally. I then tried to unedit platform.xml and also did unroot through superSU but then again i got the same error. Was quite happy with my stock android phone so any help to get it back to normal would be great. Also did a factory reset and that didnt work.

Thanks again

Wait... Need more information. As far as I understand the platform xml change didn't trigger an assertion failure. So when you say it won't update I think I need more specifics. My odin image will certainly work but it'd be better to understand why the update isn't working so we can try to fix that and give you the power to fix issues like this going forward.

Carved in blood by a wakizashi...
    09-25-2013 03:49 AM
    Well, you'd have to install the update manually to see what it's failing on. At this point, I'd just get the full ODIN image and flash that and be done with it.
    09-25-2013 09:02 AM
    Thanks ill do that, which odin image do you recommend. also after this will i be able to update normally? ure awesome by the way

Well, you'd have to install the update manually to see what it's failing on. At this point, I'd just get the full ODIN image and flash that and be done with it.
    09-25-2013 09:35 AM
    I linked to my ODIN thread on XDA a page back. Use the full rooted restore image. That will get you on MH5 fully stock and rooted and will allow you to update going forward.
    09-25-2013 10:06 AM
30 12