4.3 V2?

mixgenio

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
So my S4 PE alerted me to another 4.3 system update that was available. My phone was rooted when it alerted me so I had remove root prior to installing the update. Once I removed root, I clicked the update but received an error during the install. Fortunately I didn't get stuck in a bootloop but I am concerned now. If there was an error during the install then I should still be on the first 4.3 build they released but the update isn't available to me anymore. Also, I don't understand why I got an error during the install in the first place.

Has anyone else seen the second 4.3 system update? If so, was it smooth sailing for you? What Build number are you now on and were you rooted?

mixgenio

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen the update yet and am extremely curious about it. I just checked for updates and the "Your system is up to date" message came up. Waiting...

***Update: As planoman noted, this is the same security update that was rolled out to Nexus devices a couple of weeks ago.

HTC One Google Play edition receiving Nexus JWR66Y security update - Android Community

Yeah. It showed back up as available to me but I am hesitant to install it. The last time I tried I received an error.

maconsultant

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
So does this return the ability to write to the SD card as well..? Just curious.. As I'm very weary of updates from Google now. Thanks

Last edited:

maconsultant

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
So it was done intentionally... Thanks for the word. Shame Google is conducting business in that matter.. Now I hear reports of the LTE nexus 7 having tethering out of the box but the first update the device gets removes the ability to tether. Shady business.. Shady business.

Sent from another Galaxy..
S4 GT-I9505G Google Edition...

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Just did the Google Service Framework trick to force the update. Had to do it 3 times before the update appeared. At 16.6 MB, it's significantly bigger than HTC One's 1.8 MB update. Other than the version number, there's no noticeable difference.

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I got the update tonight. It says it will only download via Wifi until 9/17. It downloaded and installed quickly. No issues with it so far. No obvious changes either.

Xceptiona1

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I just received the update, my phone is not rooted, however I have the teamwin bootloader. when I clicked update it rebooted my phjone and just sits at the teamwin logo, nothing ever comes up, if I turn it off and on just goes back to system restore and the teamwin splashscreen, sort feel like i f'd up my phone. Any help please.

**EDIT**
ok I was imptaient, let it sit at the splashscreen for around 15 minutes and the bootloader screen finally appeared, I was able to click reboot and everything came back up? weird

mixgenio

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same error when updating. Tried unrooting, factory reset but still getting error. What can I do?

I am by no means an Android Expert but perhaps you modified a system file while you had root? In my case, I has modified the build.prop file (to enable softkey buttons).