Galaxy S4???

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, i have iphone 5 at the moment and i'm seriosly thinking of moving to Android, after getting advice in this forum and handling several phones i'm really in love with the Galaxy S4, after getting a nice offer for my iphone 5 i think i'm all set to buy.......

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, i have iphone 5 at the moment and i'm seriosly thinking of moving to Android, after getting advice in this forum and handling several phones i'm really in love with the Galaxy S4, after getting a nice offer for my iphone 5 i think i'm all set to buy.......

Welcome to the forums and hopefully soon, Android!
What other devices have you played with? The HTC One has also been a favorite among many iPhone converts. I think the only things I would suggest is to play with devices as much as possible, and always keep in mind, you will be learning a new OS, and that can take time.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I checked out the HTC one and the Sony Xperia z but there was something about the S4 that drew me, i'm probably going to buy tomorrow, i had the Samsung Galaxy S two years so ago and i really liked it but i have a MacBook Pro and an ipad so it seemed to make sense at the the time to get iphone too, now i want to customise more and you can't really do much of that on iPhone, i hear too that Samsung's customer services are better than HTC and Sony's.......any input on that?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I checked out the HTC one and the Sony Xperia z but there was something about the S4 that drew me, i'm probably going to buy tomorrow, i had the Samsung Galaxy S two years so ago and i really liked it but i have a MacBook Pro and an ipad so it seemed to make sense at the the time to get iphone too, now i want to customise more and you can't really do much of that on iPhone, i hear too that Samsung's customer services are better than HTC and Sony's.......any input on that?

Haven't really had to call them, so that doesn't apply to me. I like Samsung devices, I just don't care for how big the OS is getting. So I would suggest the 32 GB.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
i'm getting the 16gb and adding a memory card, i only ever had 16gb on my iPhones and it was always plenty for me even without being able to add a memory card.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i'm getting the 16gb and adding a memory card, i only ever had 16gb on my iPhones and it was always plenty for me even without being able to add a memory card.

The Samsung OS and its features will take up roughly half of the internal 16GB.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I was told today that i will be able to download free music on this phone, even the latest stuff that you would normally pay for in iTunes, is this the case?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
ok, i'm assuming wallpapers and themes and ringtones will go on a memory card? those will be my weakness on an Android phone.

I was told today that i will be able to download free music on this phone, even the latest stuff that you would normally pay for in iTunes, is this the case?

1st post...yes, but once you need to remove the card for whatever reason, the path is broken and the phone will revert to stock sounds. You can leave tones and wallpapers on internal. They don't take that much space.
2nd post. Google has free songs occasionally. You can check out deals and the Free Song of the Day. I think Amazon does the same thing.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
ok, thank you for that, i never did like itunes much so i won't miss that.

Play is really nice. Around Christmas time I got the Beach Boys 'Little Saint Nick' for free, cause it happened to be the free song of the day. Now, I made it kind of a habit to check. Sure most of the selections suck, but it only takes a minute, and there is always that possibility that you get a song you like. Since December, I think I have 6 or 7 songs for free. So not bad.
Funny thing though: A few weeks ago I bought a song and a few days later it was the free song of the day.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I will certainly do that, i remember buying a song then it became free a couple of days later in The Twelve day of Christmas (iTunes giveaway) really annoying isn't it.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I have been reading some reviews on the stores pages and one thing that comes up over and over again is poor battery life......is it really that bad?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have been reading some reviews on the stores pages and one thing that comes up over and over again is poor battery life......is it really that bad?

Always hard to say. Every user is different. Signal, apps used, heavy or light user, etc.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes i always think that, you never know for example how bright a user has their screen, i always keep mine fairly low when trying to conserve my battery, some users said the battery drained fairly fast with moderate use.....who knows..... i don't know why i read reviews really as they'r so conflicting, i usually end up confused and no wiser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci