I recently bought a Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition. I have checked the spell check box, but I have seen no evidence of spell check. It should be underlining misspelled words, correct? Has anybody else had this problem, or am I misunderstanding something.

Thanks!
    09-19-2013 03:46 AM
    I bought this phone for work and I cant wait to get rid of it. I love the phone but the keyboard , along with no spell check, is a deal breaker. Had I known that this phone did not come with spell check, I would have never bought it but I have saved several other people from making the same mistake I have. Samsung has once again come up short and I will be sure to never consider this product again for any of my electronic needs.
    11-07-2013 05:55 AM
    I bought this phone for work and I cant wait to get rid of it. I love the phone but the keyboard , along with no spell check, is a deal breaker. Had I known that this phone did not come with spell check, I would have never bought it but I have saved several other people from making the same mistake I have. Samsung has once again come up short and I will be sure to never consider this product again for any of my electronic needs.
    Maybe learn to spell
    11-11-2013 03:20 PM
    Factory restart or contact your shop. My phone work well on spell check.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-12-2013 03:47 AM
    Its a bug with Samsungs build of Android 4.3 (since they have to adapt Googles vanilla version of Android to their S4 hardware).

Before I bought my S4 Google Play Edition, I had a Nexus 4 which had a perfect working Spell Checker... weirdly all the settings are exactly the same in my S4 GE, but the spell checker just doesnt seem to work at all as it does in my Nexus 4.

I just hope Samsung fixes this major bug (along with the ability to read/write again to our SD card) with the release of KitKat.

You can read more on this here:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...galaxy-s4.html
    11-13-2013 06:35 PM