Game bad lag issues

sang vu hoang

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Im new to our forum. I switched from apple to android 1 month ago and i owned a S4 google edition. My question is why i am having bad lag issues when i am playing games. Some games lag and some not. Especially the one that i love very much: asphalt 7 and 8. I am having really bad lagging on Asphalt 7&8. But Nova and Modern combat 4 are fine.

Does anyone have these issues like me. Please tell me how to fix it. I really love playing Asphalt.

Thanks for reading my post.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Im new to our forum. I switched from apple to android 1 month ago and i owned a S4 google edition. My question is why i am having bad lag issues when i am playing games. Some games lag and some not. Especially the one that i love very much: asphalt 7 and 8. I am having really bad lagging on Asphalt 7&8. But Nova and Modern combat 4 are fine.

Does anyone have these issues like me. Please tell me how to fix it. I really love playing Asphalt.

Welcome to the forums!
It may be possible that there is a slight bug in the game for your device. Or perhaps the two processing cores can't decide which to use, causing lag.
Have you tried clearing cache in recovery? I doubt that will help, but it is worth a shot.

sang vu hoang

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replying.

I cleared cache but nothing changed. Do i need to root my phone to turn off unnessary core software ? The software system cost me 1gb ram and i have only 1gb free of ram.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replying.

I cleared cache but nothing changed. Do i need to root my phone to turn off unnessary core software ? The software system cost me 1gb ram and i have only 1gb free of ram.

I don't think so. I am more inclined to believe it is a problem with the app. Email the developer and tell him the issue and device. See what he says.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

sang vu hoang

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much.

But this lagging thing happen to other games which run very well on gaming test r strange.

I think i will try some more game and post some name here:

Here the game list that i had problem:

Riptide GP 2
Riptide 1
Iron man 3
Arel war 2
D-Day Frontine Comander

Except Fifa 14, Clash of clan and N.O.V.A run smoothly. Strange :(

sang vu hoang

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
As i said at the last post.

Here the games list that ruined my joy for android os.

Asphalt 7&8
PVZ 2
Dark avenger
Iron man 3
Real racing 3

Some games worked well like FiFa 14, N.O.V.A and other small games like Candyrush, Cut the rope etc.. even sometime they lag a little bit but not much.

I also test on Antutu benchmark, nenamark and Gfx 2.7. The score on antutu is 28000. The other two r good too. I dont know what happened to my phone.

Do i need to root it to have a fit room for my fav games ? I suppose this phone GPU must 4 times stronger than my previous Iphone 5. Sad :(

thepktrckt

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I just ran three of the apps you have listed without noticing lag, Real Racing3, Riptide, Ironman 3. I am running CyanogenMod which is a barebones ROM of sorts but it should be pretty close in performance to stock Google Edition. Have you tried a factory reset? You'll need to backup everything first with Helium or Titanium (both on the play store)

I did notice that RR3 graphics are not as smooth as I expected, compared to my iPad 4 but overall game play felt fluid enough that it's not glitchy. I will run them some more, you know for testing sake! :)

If you find that it is a flaw with your phone I have found google support to be phenomenal and very fast in swapping out bad devices.

sang vu hoang

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I just ran three of the apps you have listed without noticing lag, Real Racing3, Riptide, Ironman 3. I am running CyanogenMod which is a barebones ROM of sorts but it should be pretty close in performance to stock Google Edition. Have you tried a factory reset? You'll need to backup everything first with Helium or Titanium (both on the play store)

I did notice that RR3 graphics are not as smooth as I expected, compared to my iPad 4 but overall game play felt fluid enough that it's not glitchy. I will run them some more, you know for testing sake! :)

If you find that it is a flaw with your phone I have found google support to be phenomenal and very fast in swapping out bad devices.

Thank for your effort with my games list. I did not root my phone. Someone told me to root it for better gaming experience but i am afraid of rooting my phone. Its not really close to Google android stock i suppose. Designed room have better performance than google stock. I have checked another device from my friend and his Rooted S4 worked better.

thepktrckt

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank for your effort with my games list. I did not root my phone. Someone told me to root it for better gaming experience but i am afraid of rooting my phone. Its not really close to Google android stock i suppose. Designed room have better performance than google stock. I have checked another device from my friend and his Rooted S4 worked better.

Rooting is not the same as installing a ROM. Rooting shouldn't make your phone any faster as all it does is makes you the equivalent of an administrator of your phone allowing you to make changes that are normally locked. Installing a ROM does get rid of "bloatware" in most cases but you have a phone that is already free of bloatware.

I highly recommend do a search for the instructions on how to factory reset your phone, if I can find the link I'll pass it along. There are two methods one is from within the OS and the other within the bootloader, either should be sufficient. If after the wipe things still run slow it's time to get that thing back to google for repair.

DrMadness

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just came across this thread, searching for a solution for this exact problem with Asphalt 8 on my Tab 3. After emailing the developer they sent me a link to their FAQ.
Long story short, turn off the power saving mode.
Works like a champ now!

Joined just to help you out! Haha maybe I'll poke around, now that I'm here!

*edit: the solution was listed to fix lag on the Note 2, it worked on my tab so I'd think it would work on your S4.

Last edited: