Galaxy S4 (Google Edition) -Google update/open recovery

Xceptiona1

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I have open recovery installed and think its not allowing the install of the goog updates. Does anyone know how to restore my phone so the updates will work properly OR how to install the OTA updates via open recovery?

I couple times a week I get notifications that I have a phone update I click to install and it goes to open recovery and then I tell it to reboot and then a few days later the process repeats, that is why I think the updates are not installing.

From my limited searching I've found people stating that I will need to re flash my whole phone does anyone know if that is indeed the case? Thank you

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
You are correct on why it doesn't work. you will need to either search to find the stock recovery which will either be a flashable zip through recovery or flashable via odin. if thats not around then you will need to flash a full stock rom and then do the update.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not at my laptop right now but I've got a recovery thread on xda with odin flashable images for recovery from all versions for our phone. That should fix you up without having to do a full system flash.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463