I have had my S4 4GEE(UK) since April 28th and rooted it using the Google Playstore edition root on Saturday.. Since that, I cannot turn the wifi on and I cannot seem to get any help with trying to get it back onto my phone..
    I downloaded SU and Universal Unroot..
    Just clicked on the link to unroot in SU and it's dissappeared off my phone screen and when I press UNROOT on the Universal Unroot App nothing happens and I am still left with a rooted S4, not knowing how to get the 2.3 update AND burning up my data usage as I cannot use my wifi..
    Please can someone Help me before I lob it at the wall and claim on the insurance for a new S4..
    Thank You
    Kind Regards
    Neil
    10-09-2013 02:24 PM
    I have had my S4 4GEE(UK) since April 28th and rooted it using the Google Playstore edition root on Saturday.. Since that, I cannot turn the wifi on and I cannot seem to get any help with trying to get it back onto my phone..
    I downloaded SU and Universal Unroot..
    Just clicked on the link to unroot in SU and it's dissappeared off my phone screen and when I press UNROOT on the Universal Unroot App nothing happens and I am still left with a rooted S4, not knowing how to get the 2.3 update AND burning up my data usage as I cannot use my wifi..
    Please can someone Help me before I lob it at the wall and claim on the insurance for a new S4..
    Thank You
    Kind Regards
    Neil
    I will try to help. I always feel bad.
    But fist step... Did you try re-flashing it? or using a different kernel?
    And what Google play edition ROM are you using? Source?
    Some people will say stock AOSP (google play edition) but use a custom kernel which makes it NOT a GPE
    The GPE will use the Stock Touchwiz kernel from samsung.
    Custom kernels have the potential for breaking wifi, gps, or radios
    10-09-2013 03:03 PM
    OK Thank You for your reply firstly BUT you might as well be talking Klingon!
    Sorry but I shouldn't have tried to root it in the first place really..
    I think I am now in root loop as the root checker says it isn't rooted but that's where I stand really :-( So sorry to be a dumb a***d ***** but I haven't a clue what to do know..
    10-09-2013 03:08 PM
    Factory reset, then shut down and boot into download mode.
    Use ODIN to flash the ROM here (unpack the zip first): Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: I9505XXUAMDD_I9505EVRAMDA_EVR.zip
    That's the original April 2013 firmware for the EE S4. You should get OTAs from that to whatever the latest version is.
    10-09-2013 03:25 PM
    OK Thank You Alex, I'm having a go with that right now..
    10-09-2013 03:35 PM