Anyone know what's up with sending photos via SMS (MMS) on android 4.3 -- maybe limited to the Galaxy S4 (but I doubt it)...? Any full screen or larger image attached becomes HORRIFICALLY compressed. I mean jaggy artifacts and tiny resolution. It's killing me.

I don't want to switch to another SMS app, because I like the functionality and design of the vanilla messaging app otherwise. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this? Or if there is a fix on the way?

I apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered before, but I'm having a lot of trouble trying to find a relevant answer that doesn't just flippantly suggest installing a substitute for the vanilla experience.

Thanks in advance!
    10-13-2013 09:19 PM
    Anyone know what's up with sending photos via SMS (MMS) on android 4.3 -- maybe limited to the Galaxy S4 (but I doubt it)...? Any full screen or larger image attached becomes HORRIFICALLY compressed. I mean jaggy artifacts and tiny resolution. It's killing me.

I don't want to switch to another SMS app, because I like the functionality and design of the vanilla messaging app otherwise. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this? Or if there is a fix on the way?

I apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered before, but I'm having a lot of trouble trying to find a relevant answer that doesn't just flippantly suggest installing a substitute for the vanilla experience.

Thanks in advance!
    Maybe it's limited to AOSP, but I have no issues on my One with 4.3. Compression does happen through MMS, though. Do you have any examples you can post of the problem?
    10-13-2013 11:31 PM