The past couple of days I have been getting this warning every time I have had an update for an app, right now it says I have 1.01mbs left in it. I have a 30gb Ex SD Card and most of my apps have been moved over to that. The internal Storage space has 2.86gb of space left, but it doesnt show my External memory. How can I get to see that, and what is it? And how can I Lower it

I have a Galaxy S4

Thanks

jakewc2
    10-15-2013 04:14 AM
    Have you ES File Explorer installed?
    ES creates these pop up messages on my phone and on my tablet.
    10-15-2013 04:31 AM
    Hi, yes I do. What is External Memory and if it gets full what happens? Its only on ES that you can see it.

Thanks for the reply.

Edit.......something funny happened with your message. I got half of it on the forums, but when I went back to the e-mail there was another line about checking the check box. Ok where is the check box, searching the settings but cant find it. Can you give me a directio to it? Thanks
    10-15-2013 04:43 AM
    ok, that is strange, after going through everything, I found the setting your talking about, and its not ticked......
    10-15-2013 04:53 AM
    ok, that is strange, after going through everything, I found the setting your talking about, and its not ticked......
    Yes, I removed it because I wasn't sure about that you've this ES settings (my tablet hasn't it).
    After ticking the check box I get the right MB value off ES.
    10-15-2013 05:06 AM
    BTM, are you sure about External Memory?

The warning should be "Internal StorageSpace left: .... "
    10-15-2013 05:16 AM
    Hi, just ticked it, so will see next time I get an update, when the message will say.

It is definitely saying External Memory......which I dont understand at all. But what I can see in the ES, there is Home, Device, 0 and extSdCard, and its 0 that is the problem. So that must be the External Memory.
    Adamsberg likes this.
    10-15-2013 05:49 AM
    from my understanding the phone sees a portion of you internal memory as 'external' /storage/extsdcard is the sdcard, however a lot of apps will install too /storage/emulated/legacy or /storage/sdcard0 and I believe those are actually internal storage mount points emulating or stating that they are external. Perhaps on apps that are moveable double check that they are actually being saved to /storage/extsdcard.
    10-18-2013 05:50 PM
    Hi, just ticked it, so will see next time I get an update, when the message will say.

It is definitely saying External Memory......which I dont understand at all. But what I can see in the ES, there is Home, Device, 0 and extSdCard, and its 0 that is the problem. So that must be the External Memory.
    As I heard now people get warnings about internal space low AND about external space low. Both warnings are caused by ES ... the low space warning option on its Settings doesn't set apart internal and external space too.

But it's just a stupid little bug without impact.
    10-19-2013 05:02 AM
    I just started getting this today when I installed a new app. It said I have 4.3 mb left, which is wrong because I have over 8 gig free of internal memory.

Even though everyone is talking about the setting in ES, no one here actually said what checkbox for what setting they were referring to. So Hint....next time ya give advise, please list what you are referring to. hehe

But anyway, I think I found what you were referring to anyway, and mine was not checked, so I dunno why ES would give a warning when I don't even have that option selected.

Another error that I just got today was when I opened Facebook. It said something about having low available memory and my application might not function properly.

I just started getting these errors today. If it is really ES causing that, I'm gunna delete that POS right off.
    10-27-2013 10:31 PM
    Your FB issue might have other causes.
    Install and run 'Notification History', it's the logger app with which I caught ES.
    10-28-2013 04:40 AM
    Happened to me this is how I fixed it

Settings
    Storage
    Select Cached Data and clear it
    Select Misc select all and delete

You would be surprised how much cached junk you have stored.

This should do the trick
    10-28-2013 10:32 AM
    Found out what it was, it was the Ram......its running really low. got too many apps on the phone.......
    11-13-2013 01:00 PM
    ES File Explorer got a update a week ago.
    If you've unchecked the warning option in ES's Settings > Display ... then you won't get this "External/Internal StorageSpace left: ....MB" pop up message any more
    11-13-2013 01:22 PM
    Ooh, thank you, it was ticked so I just it, that will help.
    11-13-2013 01:33 PM