I cannot update to 4.4 signature verification failure

Begonewithios

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Can someone please help me here.. I'm totally brand new to all this Android business I'm pretty generally good a tech but all this DROID terminology is boggling.. Basically I bought a s4 it's running on google and I have the update pop up to 4.4 but when I click install everything is fine for 1 minute until it then says are you sure you want to install from an untrusted source and then failure signature verification

Can anyone please explain in a very layman terms what I need to do to update to 4.4 I don't really know what root and flashing and device and all that means, also I tried connecting to kies but it doesn't work even after trying the fix methods

Thanks in advance

Posted via Android Central App

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
sounds like this is an s4 with a custom rom. if so the OTA will not work. You will need to wait until whoever made your custom rom is able to update it and then flash th

Begonewithios

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok thanks for the reply the only problem is I no longer have the persons details, I'll do some research on what you suggested on the ota thing

Posted via Android Central App

Gregor Smith

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Ah do me a favour. go into settings and about phone and send a screen shot. that will help determine next steps.

Also check the back of the battery cover, that should have a sticker that says GT-I9505G to signify it is indeed a Google Play Edition and not some fudged International GS4