KitKat Upgrade and Now my screen won't time out

CoreyMacc

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I got the new KitKat upgrade a few days ago and the biggest issue is my screen won't time out. It killing my battery. I tried a search on this but found nothing about this specific issue, just the lock screen issue. I can turn the screen off manually but its becoming a pain.

Thanks

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Have had this problem since the kit kat update months ago. No matter what I've done I haven't been able to solve this.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

CoreyMacc

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Bit of an update. I pulled the battery and after everything booted up the screen timed out. Then I swiped the lock screen and it wouldn't timeout again. Seem like something is keeping the screen on. How can I figure out what is doing that? I've tried wakelock but it didn't help.

Thanks Again

CoreyMacc

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I figured the problem out. Well sort of, it was an app keeping the screen on. I just forced ALL my apps off and the screen timed out. Haven't figured out which app was causing the issue but all the apps I use daily are on and screen is timing out. Not a very technical way of solving the problem but it worked. I'm sure I will discover which one over time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance