Ota update for 4.4.3

Joe Vile

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I'm running a Google Rom from xda and I want to know if I'll get the ota or will I have to flash another 4.4.3 Rom here's what I'm running

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 13472.jpg
    13472.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 23

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I'm running a Google Rom from xda and I want to know if I'll get the ota or will I have to flash another 4.4.3 Rom here's what I'm running

Well, if you are rooted and running XDA Google ROM then you are not going to get the OTA update from the Samsung you will get the updates from the XDA developers only if they have rolled it for you !!

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You're running an i9505 build. That certainly won't get the ne3 ota that was just released. Nor will sideloading it work as the update is built for the ml4 build. I released a full, rooted stock ne3 odin image last night to get i9505g owners back to stock on the latest build. It would work in your case if you wanted rooted stock 4.4.3.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Joe Vile

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok so the update won't install. It's downloaded, goes into recovery mode and i get a load of text that goes too quick for me to read and then boots up as normal. I have a custom recovery installed (Philz Cwm) could it be this that's causing the issue? Should I install a recovery from rom manager? Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks

Joe Vile

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
@samuriHL just saw your post on XDA re: recovery. Will the ne3 one work with my baseband mke ?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Not sure. Personally I'd just flash my full ne3 odin restore image and call it good if I were you. Back to rooted stock with no data loss you go. :)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Joe Vile

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
And is that good to go on my i9505 even though its not an official gpe device?? Would you recommend a dalvik cache wipe too?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I would not recommend flashing it on an i9505. It's got different partition sizes than the i9505g so I'd be very cautious of that. I'd find a package specific for your phone. By now someone's taken my ODIN image and made it work for your phone I'm sure. They've done it for the tmobile and AT&T versions so far.

Joe Vile

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. I did see a few aosp versions so will go with that. May even hold off till 4.5 or lollipop comes around. Cheers!