Help.....micro SD card becomes BLANK

sanzfrancisco

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea how this might have happened, but 80% of my music and photo files are gone. I understand that there is supposed to be some way to recover these files, but I am at a loss to figure it out. I've looked at lots of 'solutions' online, and watched a number of instructive videos on You Tube. I'm not getting anywhere. Help???

Janice

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea how this might have happened, but 80% of my music and photo files are gone. I understand that there is supposed to be some way to recover these files, but I am at a loss to figure it out. I've looked at lots of 'solutions' online, and watched a number of instructive videos on You Tube. I'm not getting anywhere. Help???

Janice
Hello.

Have you tried taking the MicroSD card and plugging it into a computer to confirm this? Have you used a file explorer to search for them?

sanzfrancisco

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Well Wizzrah, and first of all I thank you for replying, I am pretty unschooled about the way I might go about plugging the card into my pc. I have what is supposed to be a device for that purpose, but the card is too small for any of the ports. When I put the card back into my phone, and connect it with a usb cord, the computer sees my phone as a camera. Guess you can tell I'm out of my depth.
I installed disk digger on the phone, but because my phone isn't rooted, the scan found nothing.
Hope you can help me.

janice

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Well Wizzrah, and first of all I thank you for replying, I am pretty unschooled about the way I might go about plugging the card into my pc. I have what is supposed to be a device for that purpose, but the card is too small for any of the ports. When I put the card back into my phone, and connect it with a usb cord, the computer sees my phone as a camera. Guess you can tell I'm out of my depth.
I installed disk digger on the phone, but because my phone isn't rooted, the scan found nothing.
Hope you can help me.

janice

Usually the MicroSD card comes with an adapter like this:

Amazon.com: Sandisk MicroSD & MicroSDHC to SD Adapter (Static Pack): Computers & Accessories

sanzfrancisco

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that. I used a different adapter and the removable storage is now visible as drive G. I cannot browse the files or auto play because the pc wants me to format the disk, which will erase everything. How'm I doin?

Mighty Favog

May 13, 2014
Visit site
The card may have had it's file directory corrupted. It happened to mine shortly after I changed to my new phone.

If the brand you have of a lesser grade such as Poloroid, PNY, etc., that may be your problem right there. A Samsung rep that works our local Best Buy said to use Sandisc or other such quality grade. I bought a store brand 64GB from Micro Center and uploaded my "SD Card Contents Backup Files" from my PC and all is well.

HOWEVER!! When the weather gets very humid my phone will sometimes say there is no SD card installed (when I know there is). I reboot the phone and usually it's o.k. again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech