crappy phone quality using bluetooth on car phone

jyinger

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Linked up my new (to me) S G4 GPe to my car (Telsa) today, and tried four calls to friends, family. Everyone had the same response: crappy phone quality. So, I went back to my G S3, made the same calls, and the verdict was unanimous: great sound quality.

My carrier for the S G4 GPE is T-Mobile. My carrier for the G S3 is Verizon.

So, is it a GPe problem? Or a Galaxy S4 problem? Or a T-Mobile problem (which worked great for two years with my old Galaxy S2, by the way)? Or some idiosyncrasy unique to my phone (new, out of the box, by the way)?

The G4 GPe would be on Verizon now if they would take it, but they won/t. So.... T-Mobile.

Any ideas?

Jon

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you made calls using your car's Bluetooth with other phones before? How was that sound quality? I would think that the problem is with your car's Bluetooth quality. When I compare my car's Bluetooth calls (BMW) with my wife's (Mazda), her call quality was much worse. It probably has a lot to do with the quality of the mic that's used, and how good the noise reduction is.

jyinger

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the car's Bluetooth works great with my GS3. My next test will to be to try the GS4 GPe in someone else's car. I haven't done that yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz