Just got the notification! Anyone else seeing this?

Screenshot:
    GPE 5.0!-screenshot_2014-12-12-16-03-54.jpg
    12-12-2014 05:13 PM
    Got it, it took forever to install after the progress bar hit 100%.but it's rebooting now...
    12-12-2014 06:55 PM
    I built a new, NON-rooted, ODIN image for it.

[ODIN][TAR] 5.0.0 I9505GUEUDNL3 Full Restore | Samsung Galaxy S 4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 | XDA Forums

And yes, it DID take for freaking ever to install. I thought it had honestly locked up. It will not install if rooted, so, those of you who are rooted will need to use SuperSU's full unroot option first. Or just use my ODIN image.
    12-13-2014 12:52 AM
    I built a new, NON-rooted, ODIN image for it.

[ODIN][TAR] 5.0.0 I9505GUEUDNL3 Full Restore | Samsung Galaxy S 4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 | XDA Forums

And yes, it DID take for freaking ever to install. I thought it had honestly locked up. It will not install if rooted, so, those of you who are rooted will need to use SuperSU's full unroot option first. Or just use my ODIN image.
    Awesome! Thanks for doing this. Question: I have flashed ODINS with earlier versions of Android and I have flashed ODINS with the same version of Android but I have never flashed an ODIN with a newer version of Android. So (perhaps this is a dumb question but I will ask anyway) is it OK to flash this ODIN if you are on 4.4.4? I just want to make sure. Thanks again!
    12-13-2014 12:04 PM
    I saw actually posting that it locked up when it finally went through, I had to erase my post

They ditched messaging, which annoys me; hangouts is way slower. And my car no longer reads me my texts. The replacement I tried, which was supposed to just be a recompile of the old app, didn't work at all.

It seems a bit slower right now, but those are the only complaints, I've got a nexus 9,and I'm glad the OSes are in sync now.
    12-13-2014 08:22 PM
    Awesome! Thanks for doing this. Question: I have flashed ODINS with earlier versions of Android and I have flashed ODINS with the same version of Android but I have never flashed an ODIN with a newer version of Android. So (perhaps this is a dumb question but I will ask anyway) is it OK to flash this ODIN if you are on 4.4.4? I just want to make sure. Thanks again!
    It should be.
    mixgenio likes this.
    12-14-2014 12:22 AM
    After flashing it, how do we go about attaining root again? Does your tool still work?
    12-14-2014 12:51 PM
    Yea, the root script I wrote forever ago should work but it needs updated files. The basic premise is you install the latest platform tools, grab the latest non-touch CWM (twrp doesn't boot this way), then boot into fastboot mode (hold volume down + power with the phone off), open a cmd prompt where your CWM image (recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.7-jfltexx.img, as an example) and SuperSU zip files live and type:

fastboot boot recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.7-jfltexx.img (or whatever the filename is)
    In CWM, select install, adb sideload, and connect the phone to USB.
    Allow the ADB driver to install (if it doesn't work, google Universal ADB and install that)
    then type:
    adb sideload BETA-SuperSU.v2.39.zip (or whatever the filename is)

Reboot to system from CWM and don't allow it to "fix" root if it asks.
    12-14-2014 06:51 PM
    I created a new script for GPE devices including the S4 GPE.

People have been asking about root quite a bit. I put together a new tool for those that aren't sure how to install it on a phone like this.

DOWNLOADS:
    GPE Root
    https://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager (Use the i9505 NON touch version for rooting)
    SuperSU Download

INSTALL:
    o) Create a C:\GPE-Root folder
    o) Unzip GPE-Root.zip to the C:\GPE-Root folder. NOTE: If you do not follow directions, then do NOT have spaces in the path you choose to use or it WILL fail.
    o) Copy the CWM recovery img file to the C:\GPE-Root\recovery folder
    o) Copy the SuperSU zip file to the C:\GPE-Root\supersu folder

USAGE:
    o) Run the run.bat in the C:\GPE-Root folder
    o) Follow instructions

NOTE: If your phone is not detected in ADB sideload mode, install the universal ADB diver in the C:\GPE-Root\ADB_USB folder
    12-14-2014 07:24 PM
    You can also use CF Auto Root.

CF-Root Download
    12-14-2014 09:10 PM
    I created a new script for GPE devices including the S4 GPE.

People have been asking about root quite a bit. I put together a new tool for those that aren't sure how to install it on a phone like this.

DOWNLOADS:
    GPE Root
    https://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager (Use the i9505 NON touch version for rooting)
    SuperSU Download

INSTALL:
    o) Create a C:\GPE-Root folder
    o) Unzip GPE-Root.zip to the C:\GPE-Root folder. NOTE: If you do not follow directions, then do NOT have spaces in the path you choose to use or it WILL fail.
    o) Copy the CWM recovery img file to the C:\GPE-Root\recovery folder
    o) Copy the SuperSU zip file to the C:\GPE-Root\supersu folder

USAGE:
    o) Run the run.bat in the C:\GPE-Root folder
    o) Follow instructions

NOTE: If your phone is not detected in ADB sideload mode, install the universal ADB diver in the C:\GPE-Root\ADB_USB folder
    Hey, I tried running your script and got the same error (Permission Denied) as the person in the XDA thread where you cross posted this. Ultimately I was able to attain root by dumping both the SuperSu and CWM Files in my platform tools folder, opening a CMD Prompt, and then following your guidance in post #8 of this thread. I just wanted to let you know in case there is something wrong with the script.

P.S. Pressing Volume Down + Power boots into Download Mode. To get to fastboot, I think you need to press Volume Up, Home and the Power button at the same time, right?
    P.P.S. Thanks for your help in all of this. I really appreciate it!
    ykolass likes this.
    12-17-2014 12:01 AM
    I had the same problem with me Samsung i9505g and this might be a dumb question but how do you go about dumping the CWM and SuperSU on the platform tools? Can I use post #9 for this process? If not where can i find the full forum for post #8 Been reading a million forums and there seems to be no How To root forum for the i9505g. Please help!
    12-17-2014 06:14 AM
    Hey,
    Post #8 essentially explains what his script is supposed to do. I simply did that. Specifically, here is what I did.

Step One: Grab the latest non-touch CWM and place it in C:\android-sdk\sdk\platform-tools
    -->https://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager (Use the i9505 NON touch version for rooting)
    Step Two: Grab the latest SuperSU and place it in C:\android-sdk\sdk\platform-tools
    --->SuperSU Download
    Step Three: Connect the phone to PC (via USB).
    Step Four: Boot the phone into fastboot mode (Hold Volume Up, Home, and the Power button with the phone off)
    Step Five: Open a cmd prompt in C:\android-sdk\sdk\platform-tools
    Step Six: Type (in cmd prompt) “fastboot boot recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.7-jfltexx.img” (or whatever the filename is)
    Step Seven: Once in CWM, select “install zip from sideload’
    Step Eight: Type (in cmd prompt) “adb sideload UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40” (or whatever the filename is)
    Step Nine: Once installed, select “Reboot System Now” in CWM and don't allow it to "fix" root if it asks
    12-17-2014 07:08 AM
    There was a typo in my script and if you're not familiar with fastboot mode on this phone you'd have ended up in download mode instead which is wrong. I've updated the script and it's available at the same link I posted.
    mixgenio likes this.
    12-17-2014 12:24 PM
    This upgrade is a friggin nightmare.

I installed 5.0 on my S4 GPE. Took forever, and totally wrecked my phone. Issues:
    1. Sync error with Google account.
    2. GMail will not start.
    3. Play store doesn't work, is unresponsive.
    4. Google account won't remove. Doesn't do anything.

Nothing special about the phone. No rooting, or mods.

I am moving towards a factory reset, pulling data off now.

Beware!
    12-17-2014 10:12 PM
    I always recommend a factory reset on major os version updates. It's just cleaner. I think you'll find after the reset things will be a lot smoother. Of course, 5.0.1 would be better still.
    12-17-2014 11:30 PM
    I redownloaded the files still getting the Permission denied feedback in the cmd prompt. Can you please repost or help figure out what I am doing wrong cause I followed the instructions thoroughly. It later tells me to boot into sideload mode and install zip. HELPPPPP!
    12-18-2014 08:48 AM
    Simply saying "permission denied" and "I followed directions" tells me absolutely nothing. What does it say on the phone when you put it in fastboot mode? Did you notice the updated instructions in the script on how to get to fastboot mode? How about copying and pasting the text from the cmd prompt instead of telling me something as limited as "permission denied"? Something to help me figure out what your issue is.
    12-18-2014 02:29 PM
    Nevermind. I uploaded a fixed version. For some reason not all my edits made it into the damn script that got uploaded. Redownload and try again.
    12-18-2014 02:34 PM