Hi. I posted this thread before but it was closed. I wasn't talking about my PC, I was talking about my Samsung galaxy S4 phone. Sorry for any confusion, but I did state I was talking about my phone settings.

So I have checked the settings in my phone for the homepage, and its google.com. However, when I start internet explorer, it was loading up a sporting article I had looked at earlier that day. Recently its somehow picked up a spam anti virus add instead of the article, which then opens up the playstore. Its really annoying. So I ran my avg check, and it came back with no virus. I just don't understand what I have to do to get rid of this page, and go straight to my homepage everytime. Is it a bug, a virus, or inept phone usage?

Any opinions welcome
    08-07-2015 06:37 PM
    Apologies, I know I am not using the right terminology, which is probably making this harder to understand. I realize I said internet explorer in the previous post... but whatever the internet app is with the globe icon

I'll try and give a bit more information.

I have found that when it is loading the internet and it goes to the wrong page by default, if I type "google.com" in the internet address and go to google page, then if I hold down the button on the bottom of the phone it will bring up all the open apps I have running. If I then forcibly close the internet from here by dragging it off the screen, the next time I load the internet it goes to google straight away like I want... great... however I can see that the "back" arrow in the top left corner of the screen is highlighted white (not greyed out). Meaning that if I hit the back button, it then goes back to this anti virus spam page.

Hopefully the above makes sense to someone who knows how to fix my issue.... :P
    08-07-2015 08:31 PM
    I realize that my situation may be outside the norm, and therefore may not get a reply. So I will ask a different question

If I was experiencing this with my PC, I would just reinstall windows. Can I do that with android. Just clean slate reinstall he operating system? I may lose all my progress on the game "king of thieves", but its a sacrifice I am willing to make.
    08-08-2015 02:29 AM
    No replies. Fair enough. Thanks to everyone who took the time to read of my tragic, first world plight...

Mods, you can close this thread
    08-11-2015 02:42 AM
    I have just joined AC, so I am disheartened by the lack of responses you have received. If you would answer a few questions, I'll try to assist you. (1) Who is your mobile carrier?, (2) What is your device...model number as well as Android version and make? Take care.

JKU
    08-18-2015 08:37 PM