No app found to open URL?

Athalwolf

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Getting this message today when I try to open a Wikipedia link result from a Google search.

Tried several solutions from on line searches but nothing fixes the issue.

Thanks for any help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which browsers do you have, and have any of them been disabled?

Athalwolf

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I feel like a fool because I don't know.
The icon is a blue and white globe of the world so I surmise it's not Chrome. The oceans are blue and the continents are white. I believe it is the built in Samsung browser.

Athalwolf

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
If I use the Google voice search and click on a Wikipedia link I get the No App Found To Open URL message. If I use the globe icon and go to Google then search and click on the same Wikipedia link then the Wiki page will open normally.

Neither Chrome or the built in Samsung browser are disabled.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That icon sounds like the stock browser.

Go to Settings>Apps, tap Menu, and Reset All App Preferences. Now try again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So this link you're trying to open is for a Wikipedia entry? Do other weblinks in the Google Search app give you this problem as well?

Try going to the App Manager, select Google (i.e., the Google Search app), and Clear Cache. Now try again.

Athalwolf

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I just got home from work and am pleased to say that clearing the Google cache SOLVED the problem.

Thank you very much for your kind assistance and patience to work through my S4 problem.

I am very pleased! Thank you B.Diddy!:)