Probably not the best title but the issue is driving me nuts.

If I do a Google voice search a female voice reads the results out loud. This is especially common with Wikipedia results. "According to Wikipedia..."

I would love to be able to turn her off but still retain the Google voice search which I love.

Thanks kindly for any assistance offered.

Athalwolf
    04-16-2016 02:04 PM
    Open Google Now, swipe in from the left, tap Settings>Voice, and turn off Speech Output.
    Athalwolf likes this.
    04-17-2016 03:15 AM
    And you saved me again my hero!

Thank you.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-17-2016 10:08 AM
    It depends on what phone you are using. On the Galaxy J7 Prime it is within the settings directly on the Google search page. Just google something from your phone and go to the upper left corner where the 3 lines are, click it, click on the gear (settings), click on "Voice" then click on "Speech output" and choose "Hand-fee only" this will stop it altogether EXCEPT when you put your phone on Hands-free.
    06-19-2017 10:11 AM
    Sadly, this setting on the Note 4 doesn't work as I already have mine set to hands free only and the voice STILL sounds. I don't even have Google Now enabled on my device to mess with any settings in it.

My issue seems to be in the Chrome browser when I perform a voice search by tapping on the microphone. The results are spoken by the same voice in the Google app, although the settings in the app don't seem to affect a Chrome search. I figured the Google app and Google search in Chrome were tied together and that the settings would apply to both but it doesn't on my Note 4.

Any other ideas, anyone?
    PsypherMage likes this.
    07-14-2017 07:32 PM
    Totally agree with Srvctec. I have hands-only turned on as well, and NOT have phone set to hands-only.

Chrome still insists on reading my searches out loud, in business meetings, in church. I can't seem to turn the thing off! Besides I'd much rather fellow along and have The Minister's manly voice read Galatians to me rather than that fem-bot in gargle.

I have an LG F60 phone.
    07-17-2017 01:38 PM