Downloading photos to PC issues.

Athalwolf

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I am running Windows 7 on my PC. It's taking longer and longer to import photos to my PC. It used to take seconds but now it's close to an hour. Windows is searching the entire phone. Currently there are 30 photos in the phone and no vids.

I did receive a pop-up advising me that their were faster USB ports available on my PC but that was inaccurate.

I downloaded Samsung Kies which advised me to download Smart Switch to the phone because its faster but that was a dead end.

I am at a loss and would be grateful for any assistance rendered.

Thanks,
Terry

r_albu

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I assume you are using the same port you always use. It happened to me once or twice and then it solved "it self". I think I had used the cable in one of the other PC's USB ports, but couldn't really find what the problem was.
Now I just use Google photos backup (and sync with pc with the G. Drive for PC) and when needed Dropbox too.

Athalwolf

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for replying r_albu. I did switch ports but no luck. I will try Google photos if I cannot solve the issue. Using windows was just so easy.

Athalwolf

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I just opened my Windows Auto play options. Under Devices there are 5 Galaxy S4 listings. 4 have a phone as an icon and 1 has a camera icon.

It would seem something is screwy.