Notification LED?

jmike67

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
The verizon version of the s4 mini does have led notification light. It also has 16gb internal memory not 8 gb. It is an excellent, fast phone.

mdawdy

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
The verizon version of the s4 mini does have led notification light. It also has 16gb internal memory not 8 gb. It is an excellent, fast phone.

Mine from Rogers [Canada] came with 16 Gb. Where is the LED? Can you post a pic or a link? Thank you,

Felderburg

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a Verizon S4 mini, and it has a notification LED. Under the settings, it is in Display -> LED Indicator. It has options for a red LED lighting for battery related things, and a blue one lighting for missed calls / messages / etc. (it also lights up green when the phone is fully charged). All these notifications are for when the screen is off; I guess they assume you will be reading the actual notifications if the screen is on.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a Verizon S4 mini, and it has a notification LED. Under the settings, it is in Display -> LED Indicator. It has options for a red LED lighting for battery related things, and a blue one lighting for missed calls / messages / etc. (it also lights up green when the phone is fully charged). All these notifications are for when the screen is off; I guess they assume you will be reading the actual notifications if the screen is on.

It's already been stated that it's only on the VZW version, not on the others. OP doesn't have a VZW one...

Posted via Android Central App

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
It's already been stated that it's only on the VZW version, not on the others. OP doesn't have a VZW one...

Incorrect. I have the Sprint version and it's also on mine. U. S. only perhaps?

Posted via AC App from my S4 mini WITH an LED CrackLight ;-)

Last edited:

AsREDaS

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Im in uk and while mine doesnt have the led notification light on the front, I can however set the flash on the back of the phone to 'flash' when a notification comes in. You can set it in message settings.

snuffdigital

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I know for a fact that the Sprint version of the s4 mini has it. I ordered the Verizon version for myself after seeing that and should be getting that tomorrow and I can't wait. It was a feature I missed having.

I've read countless places and reviews that say the international/some versions in general do not always have the notification LED light. Which knowing Sprint's had it and wanting one/that for myself on Verizon, that had me initially confused for if all companies in the US had the LED feature. But as others have attested it seems the LED indicator has been seen in most US models.

mrgender

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
to AsREDaS ...

my s4 mini doesn't have a notification led on the front, nor does it have a message -> settings option to flash the camera lite on the back upon receipt of a message as you indicate. my phone is running android 4.4.2 and I'm in Canada.

see my post in this same s4 mini subforum under topic "S4 Mini without Notification LED" for what I did to replace led notification.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay