First post of what I hope are few. I absolutely love my new S4 mini, but (everything before but don't count was what I was always told) any time I connect to a Bluetooth device it drops off every 5-10 minutes. This drop can last from 1 second to several seconds. My music continues to play and once it re-connects it is playing the song right where it would have been without the drop. I have tried 2 different sets of Bluetooth headphones and a Bluetooth speaker with the same results. I have tried un-pairing and re-pairing all of them with the same result.

I monitored it for 1 hour and had 8 drops for a total of 9 seconds. If anyone else is having this issue or had this issue and resolved it please help..
    09-19-2013 07:01 AM
    Wonder if it's low battery on the headset or speaker? Also, try ensuring bluetooth is switched on on the phone before the other devices, making the phone the bluetooth "host". I don't know if this will help, just a couple of things I would try.
    09-19-2013 07:15 AM
    I am having a similar issue. Kindly help with suitable solutions. It would be very helpful as I love to listen songs an hour or two in the evening. Why my bluetooth is acting so weird? Any suggestions???
    09-19-2013 07:19 AM
    There is a known Bluetooth glitch in Android 4.2. It should be fixed in Android 4.2.2. Check your firmware and if you can update it yet.

Google confirms Android 4.2 Bluetooth streaming flaw | Expert Reviews
    09-19-2013 07:29 AM
    I have tried draining the power on both devices (phone and headset) and completely charging them back up and no change in behavior. Headphones are Plantronics BackBeat 903+, and I have the same issue with a Blueart ear piece.

@kylie, What headset are you trying to use?
    09-19-2013 07:30 AM
    My Firmware is Android version 4.2.2.
    09-19-2013 07:32 AM
    Try this:- click on settings/bluetooth/click menu button/visibility time out and set to "never time out"
    09-19-2013 07:37 AM
    I forgot to mention that a friend of mine has a Galaxy Note and used my headphones with no issue. Looking more and more like an issue with the phone
    09-19-2013 08:03 AM
    dakab, Thanks for the help. I found the setting you are talking about it is under settings/blutooth, then by pressing the option button on the lower left of the phone I was able to change the visibility timer from 2 min to never. My headphones are charging now but I will give that a try in about 10 min and see what happens.
    09-19-2013 08:14 AM
    That didn't work either. so frustrating.. I am at a loss on what to try next.
    09-19-2013 08:33 AM
    Well I used to have this problem on android 2.1 and it was an issue with the stack that was resolved after a firmware update - same as the reported issue with android 4.2.

I can only suggest finally a factory reset and if no joy return the phone under warranty.

Alternatively, load android 4.1.2 onto it. I use bluetooth with android 4.1.2 all the time on my Note 1 without problems.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    09-19-2013 08:44 AM
    just a thought - when you first turned on your phone it probably did a firmware update before you could use it?

If so, I think a Factory Reset should cure this problem.
    09-19-2013 09:05 AM
    *****UPDATE*****

The Factory reset has fixed my issue with Bluetooth. Sucks that 2 days of set up had to be lost because of this. On the bright side, my music don't cut out during workouts now, and I am getting much better at figuring out the functions on my phone.

Thanks dakeb for all the help.
    09-20-2013 06:20 AM
    Pleased it worked out for you Robert. Yes, whenever you update Android firmware always do a Factory Reset afterwards as there are sometimes bits and pieces of the old firmware left behind, and this can cause problems as you found out.

To make life easier for next time you have to do this set yourself up with a Samsung account, a Google account, and a Dropbox account (for photos) and synchronise them before you do a firmware update. Make sure all your data is stored to a removable SD card, not the phone (e.g. music, documents, etc). Download a decent Launcher (Apex or Nova) and you can backup your desktop layout, shortcuts, etc. so you can restore them at any point (TouchWiz is not very good anyway). This way you will not lose two days of setting up your phone every time, far less painful.
    09-20-2013 06:41 AM