When at home I use wifi and switch GSM data off. When leaving home I switch wifi off an data on.

Trouble is that to be able to send pop3 emails via wifi, I need the smtp server to be "smtp.abc.com" and for gsm data the pop3 smtp server needs to be "smtp.xyz.com".

Is there a way to make the phone switch smtp servers automatically depending on which data connection is active?
    10-16-2013 05:28 AM
    What's the reason for turning off the radios? Wifi should overwrite your 3G data access automatically except when it's needed (for things like this seems to need it) and having wifi on, even when not connected, helps with lower power location services, saving battery life and increasing the speed of available location based information.

As for the switch based on status, you could set that up with Tasker. There may be an easier way via settings or just by leaving both on though.
    10-16-2013 07:00 AM
    What's the reason for turning off the radios?
    Just a belief (unverified) that doing so will save battery life? Will it?

Also, I do not know what the phone does when both is active. I don't want the phone to utilize cellular data when wifi is available thus running up my account.

As for the switch based on status, you could set that up with Tasker. There may be an easier way via settings or just by leaving both on though.
    Thanks for pointing me to tasker. I'll have a look at that. The pop3 email app that comes std on the S4m only allows 1 entry for the SMTP server for outgoing mail. Currently I have to edit the SMTP server setting every time I want to switch from Wifi to GSM or vice versa. This is just not on when having the tech level available in the S4mini! This is why I believe there MUST be an elegant solution. Surely my situation can not be the first in the world or one of just a few....
    10-16-2013 02:29 PM
    K9 allows you to set up several pop accounts. But I never change those settings, and regularly use both wifi and 3g on my motorola photon. I wonder if you are configuring your home server instead of your mail provider?
    10-20-2013 09:08 AM