S4 Mini Keypad Tone & Screen Light going off

Lokau

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi there!
I have jus bought a S4 mini and I am having a hard time with a couple of things:
1. Although keypad sound is enabled, there is absolutely no sound when I type a number on the keypad or when I type a sms message. What could be wrong?
2. My screen turns off when I am in a call so when I look back at the phone to hung up, I cannot find the end call button. I have not selected the option to turn off the screen when in a call.
3. Does anyone know how to change the 'ringtone' for emails?? Could not find that anywhere... All other notifications use the ringtone I have chosen, but not my email...

On a general note, I am using a samsung flip cover with the phone. Hope this is not the issue ...
If anyone could help I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance!

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
The screen going off is the proximity sensor so you don't hang up on anyone during a call but if and when you move it will light back up so be careful not to mute ir hangup. There is a red end call button, try to make a call on speaker and play around you can also expand the keypad. As for the ringtone are you using gmail? Try the gmail settings to set the ringtone. Hope this helps.

Posted via Android Central App

Lokau

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! But even when I look back at the screen it does not lit up. I am not using gmail ... Too bad I cannot choose the sound I want to let me know new mail has arrived.
Do you know anything about the keypad tone/sound?
Thanks for your help!