Samsung galaxy s4 mini's sound is completely GONE!!...sort of?

rene 1

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I have had my galaxy s4 mini (gt-i9190) for less than a week and today when I got a call I couldn't hear anything from the otherside. Than laterwhen I tried to listen to my music, no sound came out both speaker and headphones. lastly no sound comes out of tapping and voice searching. I've top the volume in every setting, restarted my phone, tapped my phone on the back and restarted in factory mode. I'm a bit panicking and I'm thinking of returning it and getting a new one, but before doing that I was wondering if I could do anything before doing so. Oh and I think it's not hardware because ( or maybe it is I'm not an expert) it does make a static sound, the one that you get from a radio in the wrong channel, and in occasion get a high pitch (but low sound) sound. Please help guys thanks

lavaboy

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I have had my galaxy s4 mini (gt-i9190) for less than a week and today when I got a call I couldn't hear anything from the otherside. Than laterwhen I tried to listen to my music, no sound came out both speaker and headphones. lastly no sound comes out of tapping and voice searching. I've top the volume in every setting, restarted my phone, tapped my phone on the back and restarted in factory mode. I'm a bit panicking and I'm thinking of returning it and getting a new one, but before doing that I was wondering if I could do anything before doing so. Oh and I think it's not hardware because ( or maybe it is I'm not an expert) it does make a static sound, the one that you get from a radio in the wrong channel, and in occasion get a high pitch (but low sound) sound. Please help guys thanks

mdawdy

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Are you familiar with the volume up-down key on the left side edge of the phone? It is possible, with the phone is in your pocket [or wherever], that the volume down will get pressed. Happened to me a couple of times.

cezza180

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey
I had the same problem with my phone, then i went to
-->settings
--> my device
--> accessibility

and theres this part called hearing, and one of the tick boxes are "turn off all sounds"
if that's ticked then that could be what is causing the issues
Hope this helps :)

Jaci Vennix

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey Cezza, Thank you so much as it looks like I ticked that box and lost my sound...lol I was having a heart attack thinking I have stuffed up my phone. This site is awesome as I just fall onto it by mistake. Thank you so much again for your help :)

Lily-Ann

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi, this is going to sound strange, but the solution for me was to remove the 1 before all area codes. Even when making a long distance call, I have to remove the +1, and let the operator transfer the call for me automatically (there's a prompt saying that long distance charges may apply...) but after that it works. I've had the phone for two months and have always included +1 when calling, but for some reason the sound just doesn't work anymore if I dial +1 first.
(I live in Ottawa, Canada with a Toronto number so all calls for me are long distance/roaming). Hope this can help someone!

kakamai

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem compounded by the constant headphone sign even when the headphone is not attached to the handset. Worse! the headphone doesn't get attached at all. Please help!!!

bolotkanov10

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I have had my galaxy s4 mini (gt-i9192) for less than a week and today when I got a call I couldn't hear anything from the otherside. Than laterwhen I tried to listen to my music, no sound came out both speaker and headphones. lastly no sound comes out of tapping and voice searching. I've top the volume in every setting, restarted my phone, tapped my phone on the back and restarted in factory mode. I'm a bit panicking and I'm thinking of returning it and getting a new one, but before doing that I was wondering if I could do anything before doing so. Oh and I think it's not hardware because ( or maybe it is I'm not an expert) it does make a static sound, the one that you get from a radio in the wrong channel, and in occasion get a high pitch (but low sound) sound. Please help guys thanks

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I had the same problem and this was the top result on google so I thought I would add my 2p as the more info the better right?

My problem:

I had sound with headphones and when making a call - but not on loud speaker. So no sound on youtube etc but most importantly no alarm!!!

In my case I fixed it by taking off my case and quickly tapping the speaker module bit at the bottom of the phone (below the battery, it had two horizontal holes on the left hand side) with the end of a plastic knife.

I hope this helps someone! Thanks to everybody involved in the thread.

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I had the same problem and this was the top result on google so I thought I would add my 2p as the more info the better right?

My problem:

I had sound with headphones and when making a call - but not on loud speaker. So no sound on youtube etc but most importantly no alarm!!!

In my case I fixed it by taking off my case and quickly tapping the speaker module bit at the bottom of the phone (below the battery, it had two horizontal holes on the left hand side) with the end of a plastic knife.

I hope this helps someone! Thanks to everybody involved in the thread.