Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini: MMS problems

Lighc003

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to set up the APN settings for Straight Talk and am having issues. I've seen numerous posts with different was to set the APN for the regular S4, but are they the same as the mini? If anyone has an S4 mini on Straight Talk and can send and receive text and picture texts, the correct APN settings would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

ghalsk

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini MMS problems

Lighc003 did you ever figure out the APN seetings for the s4 mini on straighttalk?

I can access internet on 4g, send / receive texts, and make phone calls, but I cannot send picture messages or download picture messages sent to me.

Correction: I can send the picture messages I just cannot download them.

Last edited:

Ashley Rosette

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to set up the APN settings for Straight Talk and am having issues. I've seen numerous posts with different was to set the APN for the regular S4, but are they the same as the mini? If anyone has an S4 mini on Straight Talk and can send and receive text and picture texts, the correct APN settings would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

I also have an S4 mini with ST and cannot send or receive picture messages either. Also the internet doesn't work unless I am using WiFi. I have tried almost all the APN settings I've found online and none of them seem to work. Did anyone find out the correct APN settings for the S4 mini using Straight Talk?

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on Straight Talk with my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. :-( I can send, but not receive pictures. I wonder what the problem is. I've set my APN settings to what they're supposed to be, but when I try to download an mms, it always says, "Download failed".

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I fixed my problem!!!! Here's how I did it. I hope it works for you guys as well. After I set the APN setting to Straight Talk's settings, I disabled my WiFi. Once I disabled the WiFi, I was able to receive the MMS I had received, but couldn't download previously. I thought I was going to have to disable WiFi every time I received a MMS, but after I enabled WiFi again, I had a few friends send pictures to me to test it out and I can receive pictures just fine! I hope it works for you as it worked for me. The APN settings I got right from the Straight Talk website are...

Name: STRAIGHT_TALK
APN: tfdata
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS Port: 80
MMS_APN: tfdata

I also added...
APN Type: default,supl,mms,internet,hirpri

I hope this helps.