10-14-2015 09:36 AM
35 12
tools
    This has just happened to me!
    I presumed because I have only just got my phone that the indent in my lower volume button (that was enabling the safe mode) would be fixed for free under the warranty.
    However, this was not the case and it would cost me in the margins of £100-150 to get it repaired. THERE WAS NO WAY I WAS PAYING THIS!

So I basically slid my nail along the gap and pulled the indent out as much as I could whilst I turned the phone on. IT WORKED!
    I'll just have to make sure I don't turn my phone off and I keep it charged.
    So just try and hold the volume buttons out as much as possible whilst you turn your phone on and it should work!
    Eri Mali lynx likes this.
    09-09-2014 07:59 AM
    Nothing wrong with volume button. It has a dip in the middle by design. Stuck on Safe Mode. We tried EVERYTHING. Reboot, battery out, volume up, down, power on, off, cim out, factory clean start three times. Nothing works. Searched every list, watched every YouTube on it. Nothing, nothing, nothing works. Giving up. It's a bloody lemon, the Galaxy S4mini. Ahhhhhhhh. Back to the the shop.
    09-17-2014 09:03 AM
    Sorry but it didn't work, any other ideas would be helpful? Cheers
    I had the same problem and I think it's because of the volume button down button being stuck. I checked online and apparently to get your phone into safe mode you need to hold the volume down button down so when I turned my phone on I held the volume up button and it worked the second time.
    Hope I helped!
    10-01-2014 01:23 PM
    HI, i am asking how to get my s4 mini out of "safe mode", the phone was dropped on its side it has dented the volume button. I have rebooted it and taken out the battery a few times but only the stansard APPS are working.It has removed my personal APPS
    Please Help Or refer me, many thanks in advance.
    12-06-2014 02:14 AM
    Turns out my volume button was stuck in. That's why after reboot it automatically went into safe mode.
    01-28-2015 05:17 AM
    I've had the same problem beginning Wednesday, January 8,2013. The first S4mini was deemed DOA and I got a new one Saturday, 1/11/2013. All was well until I turned it on this morning! It came on in SAFE MODE-ground hog day! The tech support cleared it up like this:1. Power it OFF
    2. Press at the same time: UP VOLUME/HOME KEY/and POWER BUTTON.
    3.Watch the top left corner of the screen for the tiny bright blue message about
    REBOOTING when this appears, LET GO OF THE THREE BUTTONS.
    4. Use the Volume button to scroll to the 4th item(some kind of reboot-I can't
    remember the exact title)
    5. Use the POWER button to SELECT it.
    You'll see the little android robot falling down, getting up with a spinning tummy and at the end of his act the phone will be off.
    Power it back on and hopefully you'll be off of SAFE MODE.
    The tech told me to definitely call back(Verizon) if it comes on in SAFE MODE again tomorrow. I always power down at night and charge up.

I had two phones in less than 7 days do this-something is up.
    Thanks for this. Safe mode was becoming a pain.
    It worked for me after powering off the phone and even taking the battery out failed.
    The only difference for me was after the blue menu came up, I selected the first option which was 'Reboot OS' and that did the job.
    02-19-2015 11:34 PM
    Exact same thing happened to mine but it would only go down!! How did you fix it?
    04-08-2015 05:26 PM
    Doesn't work for me.
    travisgumede likes this.
    06-06-2015 04:01 AM
    HI, i am asking how to get my s4 mini out of "safe mode", the phone was dropped on its side it has dented the volume button. I have rebooted it and taken out the battery a few times but only the stansard APPS are working.It has removed my personal APPS
    Please Help Or refer me, many thanks in advance.
    06-16-2015 02:18 AM
    Exact same thing happened to mine but it would only go down!! How did you fix it?
    Turn off your phone. Take something thin and hard e.g. a nail file and force the volume down button out. Careful not to break it. Once it's out torn the phone on
    10-14-2015 09:36 AM
35 12