Twitter Clients

anon8196564

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
For those that are on Twitter what apps are you using. I've been trying out Plume & I like it so far, I'm wondering if it's worth getting the pro version. I've previously used echofon, tweetcaster, ubersocial, carbon, falcon and the official Twitter app. I think the best one I've had is tweetbot for ios which I still use on my iPod touch, it'd be great if that became available for android users.

Posted via Android Central App

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I've been using Plume for a long time now and even bought the Pro version. I've tried the other twitter apps but always come back to Plume :)

anon8196564

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I think I've messed up the settings I previously got notifications about new tweets and now I don't. How do I rectify this?

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
My favorite twitter app is Twicca. Very simple, and clean. Not a feature filled as other options, but it's my favorite. Check it out.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AC Forums mobile app

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I think I've messed up the settings I previously got notifications about new tweets and now I don't. How do I rectify this?

Settings > Notifications

Check the box that says On New Tweets and you'll be back in business :)

anon8196564

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm thoroughly bored with Plume now and want to try tweetings. Who has used it and is it worth the money?

CrazyTwitterFreak

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I was using UberSocial, was my main twitter client on my Blackberry so when I got my S4 mini I thought I'd get UberSocial and I liked it up until I kept trying to update my profile picture and it kept going upside down, so I've gone to the normal twitter app and I really like the layout of it :) So I'm using the default Twitter app

poshbird87

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to wade in with a post beginning with "ON MY IPHONE I USED TO USE..." but I'm a proper n00b to Android so still in adjusting stages.

So, on my iPhone I used to use a paid app called Tweetbot. This app is absolutely brilliant, but it's made by Tapbots who only make apps for iOS devices as they so rudely informed me when I asked them if the were planning on making an Android version...

Anyway, I've tried the normal Twitter app, HATE IT. Ads galore and the trending page makes no sense at all.
Wanted to try Carbon as a lot of people rave about it, but they've run out of tokens and can't facilitate any more downloads.
Falcon Pro I can only seem to download the widget of.
Now using Plume but can't set any trends apart from my local country (UAE) or Worldwide.

Any other suggestions? Don't mind paying for an app as long as it has at least 1 of the below functions:

Being able to view people's @s. Not just people you follow or people who follow you, but everyone (apart from private users, obviously). Great function on Tweetbot. Probably the one I miss the most :( You just go on someone's profile, click the @ key and you can see aaaaall the tweets they've received and are receiving in real time.

Being able to view trends from any country and any city in the world I want. I live in Dubai but I'm a UK expat so actually prefer to view the trends from UK. So far I can't seem to do this on Plume or my Falcon widget.

Having a function that allows you to see yours and other people's threads/conversations. On Tweetbot I'd just slide across a tweet and, again, as long as neither user was private, it would lay out all their back and forth tweets.

Won't ***** and moan about my lovely new Samsung if no Android apps have these functions, just thought I'd ask in case someone knows of a fantabulous Android twitter app! :D

anon8196564

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I love tweetbot and still use it on my iPod touch. It's a Shame there won't be an android version. I've also used falcon pro and liked it but the token system let it down. I've also used carbon and the official Twitter app but never liked them. I've recently switched to tweetings and it has the features you mentioned. You can see their @s when you go to someone's profile, it is highly customisable and has a similar look.

poshbird87

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much! Just had a search on the store. Is it called "Tweetings for Twitter"? The logo is what seems to look like a bird made of origami. Blue in colour and $3.28.

poshbird87

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Yeah that's the one. Please come back with your thoughts on it.

So I've had "Tweetings" for a couple of weeks now and here are my thoughts:

Definitely the best Twitter app/client I've used so far.

Great to be able to view people's mentions
Great to set my trending to UK (although doesn't display the Top Tweets of the trending topics which is a bit of a bummer)
Great to be able to view people's threads/conversations

Main problem however....is that it's really, really, reeeeally slow. Takes so long to load the above functions I use most of the time. So much so, that I now barely use Twitter on my phone at all :( Instead I just wait until I get home to use Tweetbot on my iPad mini, or occasionally connect my iPad to my Galaxy's 4G through hot spot/tethering (because my iPad's only got wifi) if I've taken it out with me.

And by really, really, reeeeeally slow, I mean it takes a good 5 seconds having that cog or whatever it is on my screen to indicate that it's loading, before anything happens, and ok, in the grand scheme of things, 5 seconds isn't that long, but actually, on a device like a mobile phone, it is a long time. And Tweetings is the only thing that takes long to load on my Galaxy. Everything else is super fast.

But overall n248, thank you for suggesting this app to me, as it really is cool that it's seemingly the only app that has the Tweetbot functions I liked most, it's just a shame that it's not quite there yet with the speed :)

anon8196564

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
No problem I do like the tweetings app but have found it on the slow side. I recently got an iPad and tweetbot on such a big screen is a revelation. I'd love to use it on my android tablet it really is a shame the makers of it won't consider an android version.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech