Persistent data sync

SiBlackwell

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
My wife has an S4 Mini and has been complaining of battery drain over the past couple of days. I took a quick look this evening and instantly saw that something was synchronising because the data bars were constantly on. I dropped off wifi and the sync bars were still present on a 4G connection. Data usage shows minimal usage, so I'm assuming whatever it is must be an attempt to check or heartbeat rather than actual data transfer. I disabled all sync services (photo backup to Google+, Outlook, Gmail, Facebook, LinkedIn, What's App) and whatever I disable it still tries to sync. I've done a load of reboots, active app cleanse a bunch of times, I just can't track this down.

Has anyone come across this as I've never seen it on my N4 or N5?

Posted via Android Central App

jevalladares

Samsung Galaxy S6 Champion
Q&A Team
Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Found a settings in my WiFi menu that could keep your mobile looking constantly for a connection. You can find it going to settings --> WiFi. On the WiFi screen select menu key and the advanced option. Once in that screen make sure the option "Check for Internet Service" isn't activated. Also for better battery life also uncheck the network notification option.

Screenshot_2014-03-04-08-56-52.png

Erasmo Valladares
Twitter: @jevalladares

SiBlackwell

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting nowhere with this. The handset randomly came up with an "update failed" message but with no indication of what the phone was trying to update.

I've never seen anything like it. Tonight I'm just going to flatten the device and start again as I can't see that I'm ever going to find out what it is.

Posted via Android Central App