Listening to Message

controltestguy

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I have two of the same Samsung S4 Mini. When I receive a text message from one, it alerts me I have a text message and that's it. On the other phone, when I receive a message, it alerts me I have a message and then says 'Here is the message'. The it goes on to play the message. I can't figure out where to turn on or off this feature. Any help appreciated.

Regards,

CTG

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I have two of the same Samsung S4 Mini. When I receive a text message from one, it alerts me I have a text message and that's it. On the other phone, when I receive a message, it alerts me I have a message and then says 'Here is the message'. The it goes on to play the message. I can't figure out where to turn on or off this feature. Any help appreciated.

Regards,

CTG

Do you have text to speech enabled?

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

controltestguy

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
It's working now, but I don't know for sure what it is. It seems to be related to S-Voice. If it's enabled or not. Not really sure. I know I can turn it off in the 'Hands-Free' setting for messages but it doesn't always return when you click the check-box to turn it back on.

Best regards,

ctg