SD Card "Corrupt"

dg13092

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Downloaded and installed latest update on yesterday AM.

Later, went to use the music player and "No music found" Restsrted the phone and got a message that said that the SD card was corrupt. All pix and music gone.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyway to retrieve the data? It was fine in the AM (was playing MP3's) then nothing after the software update.

Had all the pix I had taken in 2014 on the drive. :(

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
First off, this is why lots of people have issues with SD cards in general, not that this helps your situation right now. But have you tried putting it in an adapter and slapping it in your computer? I've had this happen once and the PC could see all of the files so I backed them up to my hard drive and then I performed a full format on the card (not the quick format). You can also get software that can attempt to recover your data from the card, though that stuff is very hit and miss. I use a program called System Mechanic on my PC that does lots of housekeeping stuff and file recovery is one of them. It works okay, though I am sure there are better things out there.

Moving forward from this, you should set your device up to automatically back up all of your photos to G+. It's free and there is a ton of space for your pics. I use it and it has been a lifesaver on more than one occasion. I feel your pain, though. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm