Can't clear phone app's "launch by default"

Luksn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

not sure whether this is the right forum for this question but I hope you might be willing to help me nevertheless.

I remember that some time ago my galaxy s4 mini offered me the option to either use skype or the default phone app to make a call to a given contact. Now that option does not appear anymore, although I have not put the phone app as default. When I go into the app manager - all - phone app - it says that it isn't set as default. Nevertheless, it starts by default when I want to call a contact. Any suggestions how to bring back the option whether to use the phone or skype or viber etc.?

Thanks a lot!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! See if there is a "Reset all app preferences" option in the App Manager Menu. This will clear all app defaults (and also re-enable any disabled apps). Even though you never set the Phone app as a default, maybe there is some other system app that acts as the default, and so doing a universal reset of app preferences might be useful.

Luksn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy!

Thanks for your response! I cleared all app preferences but it still makes calls using the phone app by default. What is interesting is that upon calling a contact who uses the redphone app (I have the app installed on my phone), I am offered the option whether to call that person using the phone app, skype OR redphone. All other contacts are called using the phone app by default.

What may be behind all this?.. :-/

Thanks and best,

Lukas

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01