Google Search in Landscape Mode

stuwoolf

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I have always been able to open Google in landscape mode and enter my search criteria in the search box. Now I cant.

When I open google I get momentary access to the search box then it is covered up by information that is usually at the bottom of the page ie My Location.

If I orientate to portrait mode I can see the search box and My Location returns to the bottom of the page.

As I write this I notice I can not see a cursor.

I am using Android 4.2.2.

Whats going on with my phone?

Grateful for any help.

Last edited:

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I have always been able to open Google in landscape mode and enter my search criteria in the search box. Now I cant.

When I open google I get momentary access to the search box then it is covered up by information that is usually at the bottom of the page ie My Location.

If I orientate to portrait mode I can see the search box and My Location returns to the bottom of the page.

As I write this I notice I can not see a cursor.

I am using Android 4.2.2.

Whats going on with my phone?

Grateful for any help.

Have you checked the screen rotation is on the "ON" position? If you are sure about it then, try going to the application manager select the google search clear its data, clear the cache stored and then again try using the Google Search I think this time it should rotate to the landscape mode. :)

stuwoolf

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Have you checked the screen rotation is on the "ON" position? If you are sure about it then, try going to the application manager select the google search clear its data, clear the cache stored and then again try using the Google Search I think this time it should rotate to the landscape mode. :)

Thanks for your response.

Accessing Landscape isnt the problem. The problem is when using Landscape I cant access the search bar as it is covered up.

I have cleared cache and stored data to no avail.

Thanks for your input.