SD card column??

Peripera

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Recently I realized that I have not been receiving notifications for some apps, I didnt know what happened so i reinstalled them and the problem persisted. I went then to check the application manager and found that some of the apps I have problems with are on the "ON SD CARD" Column. the thing is I dont have an external sd card or anything like that. I checked my moms phone which is the same model as mine and she doesnt have that column (i also installed an app I wasnt receiving notifications, and it worked fine on her phone). Is that the root of the problem? How can I fix it .

Sorry for my bad english.

mmXtC6i.png

Wm7Long

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
...How can I fix it...

I'm not really sure, but... If you have not tried a Restart yet, then you should press and hold Power button. I expect you already tried that. So the only other idea I have is that maybe those apps are considered as being media, like song files? If so, you might be able to fix the situation by way of a media re-scan. To do this, you need to wipe current media meta data, and then force a re-scan as follows:

Applications manager > All (column) > Media Storage > Clear data

After data storage and cache both show zero, perferm a Re-start. This will cause Android to re-scan all media, which could take some time to complete. Hoping this works.

Peripera

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm not really sure, but... If you have not tried a Restart yet, then you should press and hold Power button. I expect you already tried that. So the only other idea I have is that maybe those apps are considered as being media, like song files? If so, you might be able to fix the situation by way of a media re-scan. To do this, you need to wipe current media meta data, and then force a re-scan as follows:

Applications manager > All (column) > Media Storage > Clear data

After data storage and cache both show zero, perferm a Re-start. This will cause Android to re-scan all media, which could take some time to complete. Hoping this works.

it didnt work :( i think doing a factory reset will help, but how can i prevent this from happening again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt