Hi. Looking for help. I'm not very technologically savvy, but am not considered clueless either. I have a samsung s4 mini running android version 4.4.2. I have three email accounts, a yahoo account, a gmail account (which I really don't use) and a business account that comes in via outlook. I have had my phone for a few months, and, if I recall correctly, have always had a problem with the random email appearing a day or more after it was actually sent. Sometimes it would take even a week to show up in my inbox. Most of these were junk emails so they didn't concern me. However, recently, I have been noticing that emails (definitely from my yahoo account, not sure if its from my outlook as well) have bee taking hours and hours to appear in my inbox. For instance, my wife and I were on a group email blast. She received the email at 9:30 a.m. I didn't receive it until after 4 p.m when it appeared in my inbox along with a number of other emails. I had received a few other emails in the interim though. This issue is becoming more of a problem. Need to figure out why and get it fixed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Alex
    10-11-2014 11:41 PM
    when you click to refresh the emails appear? you can also try an different app to emails.
    10-12-2014 12:03 AM
    Hi Zin, no, when I click to refresh the emails don't appear. I can click refresh over and over again ... the "refresh arrows" usually spin and spin and spin and the screen goes dark before they stop ... but the yahoo emails still don't appear ... they have been showing up lately only 5 or 6 hours later ....
    10-12-2014 02:41 PM
    Are the sync settings for your yahoo and outlook accounts set to "Push?"
    10-18-2014 08:14 PM
    Check to see if the accounts in question are set to push, if not then check the interval times for refreshing the mailbox.

An also if you look over the headers of your email, it might give insight into why your emails are delayed.
    10-20-2014 09:07 PM
    Or try a different email app... Once the new Gmail app comes out, you'll be able to use all those email accounts in it.
    10-21-2014 12:21 PM